Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be worried since he's so little?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My 10 month old seems to be really sick but idk what it is or if I should be worried. Yesterday morning he started off with a fever and he had diarrhea twice. He has a slight fever today and diarrhea again this morning. I think he has what my daughter has but it seems different. She only had diarrhea once and she has a sore throat and is hoarse, she also has a cough and runny nose. He is super cranky and is living on the boob.. which is fine because I know he needs to stay hydrated.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hydration is the key.  If you notice that he is not having wet diapers or he seems lethargic, get him to the doctor asap.   Dehydration can happen so easily to little ones and can be very serious.

MastersonQueen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM

May need to make sure he isn't dehydrated. That may be part of it. I was always the mom who took my little man to the DR if I wasn't sure. It's hard to say. If it's easy for you to get them both checked out then I would, if not make sure you keep an eye open. The bug's are going around for sure!

MissRN
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Call the pedi and ask for advice. They will likely recommend alternating Motrin/Tylenol for fever depending on the latest temp and to keep hydrated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Have you given him any pediasure? I would take him into the doc because he is so little. Any vaccines done within the last 2 weeks?

MamaTwinkleA
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I dont like giving meds to a child undet 1. I would call the doc. Don't stop nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM

How high was his fever?  Just keep him on the boob as much as you can, at 10 months he can have a little water in between feeding to help also, Tepid baths and dress him lightly. Call the dr, they may want to see him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)