Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! What should I charge???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Okay so I'm 26 weeks pregnant and due in December. My pregnancy is great and baby is fine! I currently have my two kids 4, 1, and I babysit another 1 year old for a few hours a day 2-3 days a week. Her mom is on bed rest so this is temporary until she has the baby I'm November!! Perfect.
Well a friend of the family needs a sitter for their 3 month old, 4 days a week about 9 hours a day. should I do it if in decree they have to find a new sitter? Should I tell them it'll be temporary until my baby is 6 weeks and then I'll continue to watch her again? Or should I pass? Id love the extra cash around the holidays, and give me something to do. I don't know what would ya'll do and what would ya'll charge?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HetherElizabeth
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally charge 15 a day if everything food wise is provided, if I have to provide food I charge 25 a day. I'd tell them they will need to have someone else for a week or so after your baby is born and then you can watch their baby again, but that part is ultimately up to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM
That's what I charge the othee people because they provide her food, I'll probably do that ..

Quoting HetherElizabeth: I personally charge 15 a day if everything food wise is provided, if I have to provide food I charge 25 a day. I'd tell them they will need to have someone else for a week or so after your baby is born and then you can watch their baby again, but that part is ultimately up to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Your gonna die ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I don't see how I'm going to die? If I wrote that in my original post somewhere it must of been a typo?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your gonna die ?
happynewyorker
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM

charging is hard. You should look on Craiglist and see what is charged in your area.

When my daughter went to day care for about 9 hours a day. I paid the sitter $250 a week.  1K a month.  I provided the diapers, wipes, formula. Exchange change of clothes and other necessaties.

Have you ever considered opening up a daycare facility?  for all the children you watch?

Can you handle another child?

you have now: year olds 4, 1 and 1 - the 4 year old isn't all over the place (I hope) the (2) 1 year olds probably entertain each other ?  The 3 month year old, is hard since still an baby, infant. 

I'd say try it for a week or two.  Right Now, I bet everyone is healthy? If one gets sick they all get sick including you.  Plus when your child arrives sometime in December, you need some rest. 

It's hard. I really think you should do a pro and con list and do it that way.  If you have a sick child and the chld has to go to the doctors, are you intuned to taking all children with you?

Also, 9 hours a day.  Is a lot.  I'd charge extra for bring the child in by 7 am and after 5pm. 

I know I didn't help with your answer. But, maybe added some times to your decision.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM
How many infants/kids can you watch without having to get a license?
d_k_w
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I really hope you don't die in december.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I appreciate the input! My 4 year old is a huge help! She helps entertain both 1 year olds! I only have the other one year old 2-3 times a week for maybe 6 hours, sometimes I don't have her at all, it really depends. When I was working it was 34 dollars a day for my 1 year old at a daycare and 28 for my 4 year old. They provided food while we probided everything else. I plan on telling them about taking a few weeks off in December-January after baby or even January-February depending on circumstances. My children hardly get sick but I understand the possibility is high. I've taken 3-4 kids to the doctors at once before, didn't know if I liked to much, so that is something to think about.

Quoting happynewyorker:

charging is hard. You should look on Craiglist and see what is charged in your area.

When my daughter went to day care for about 9 hours a day. I paid the sitter $250 a week.  1K a month.  I provided the diapers, wipes, formula. Exchange change of clothes and other necessaties.

Have you ever considered opening up a daycare facility?  for all the children you watch?

Can you handle another child?

you have now: year olds 4, 1 and 1 - the 4 year old isn't all over the place (I hope) the (2) 1 year olds probably entertain each other ?  The 3 month year old, is hard since still an baby, infant. 

I'd say try it for a week or two.  Right Now, I bet everyone is healthy? If one gets sick they all get sick including you.  Plus when your child arrives sometime in December, you need some rest. 

It's hard. I really think you should do a pro and con list and do it that way.  If you have a sick child and the chld has to go to the doctors, are you intuned to taking all children with you?

Also, 9 hours a day.  Is a lot.  I'd charge extra for bring the child in by 7 am and after 5pm. 

I know I didn't help with your answer. But, maybe added some times to your decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I read that you were going to die...:O lol I had to go back and re read. 9 hours seems like a lot, I would charge $20/day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Haha my bad. Sometimes I type so fast without proofreading! Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: I read that you were going to die...:O lol I had to go back and re read. 9 hours seems like a lot, I would charge $20/day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)