Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I become a better wife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I need to learn how to brush off my husbands lies ... I need to learn how to accept the fact that when I ask him about something, he is going to lie about it. 

All I ever wanted was to be a good wife. He is a good man in so many ways and we have a nice, comfortable life together. I love him very much and I know that he loves me very much. Unfortunately, in my marriage love doesn't come with respect ... 

I need to learn how to accept the fact that my husband is extremely immature when it comes to handling issues that come up in our  life. 

To be a good wife to my 40 yr old husband I have to accept that he has his own little secrets and wishes to not include me. 

I have to keep reminding myself that my husband truly is a good man with a good heart. I must always remember that he loves me and he is a good provider. I will have to accept the fact that my husband has no respect for me or for our marriage. 

Only two years into marriage, I have a lot of learning to do. I don't fail so I will figure this out 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Too cryptic. I got nothing.
suzanneyea
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

What does he lie about? Fucking other women or what he ate for lunch?

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

If he does not respect you and lies to you, then no he is not a good husband. A good husband respects his wife and does not lie to her

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I think he needs to learn how to be a better husband, not the other way around.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Why should you have to tolerate lies? In order to be a good wife you have to have a good husband. I think that's what you're lacking here.

KikiKia
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Counseling

lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Your husband isn't a good man if he lies, has no respect for you and hides things.  If you are staying for his income you do have to learn to live with that. But if you have respect for yourself you can leave and don't have to put up with less than what you deserve which is honesty, respect and love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

maybe he lies constantly because i am not a good wife. maybe i can be more  loving and understanding. it is hard.. but i am trying. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Sorry I wouldn't be with someone who always lies to me and didn't respect me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

i am not going to leave him. 

i need to learn how to accept him for the way he is. surely someone out here has been in my shoes and has figured it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)