Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could It Be Due To My Birth Control?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am 1 year post partum. The first 6 months my sex drive was a lot lower than usual. I expected that. 6 months ago I started a new birth control. I only (am supposed to) get my period once every 3 months. That part is great! I have absolutely NO sex drive right now and lately. I mean, the idea of having sex is almost repulsing.

I don't know what it could be. I hope it's my birth control. But then I think could it be something else? Maybe it's because I am not happy with my body? Maybe I am no longer attracted to my partner? I used to master bate daily, I don't hardley ever do it anymore. So I really hope it's my BC.

Any experience with this ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

It could be any or all of those things. You should talk to your doctor about it.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
It could be, yes. Hormonal birth control can do that. Bring it up with your doctor, maybe you can try a different form of birth control.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I've been on a few kinds now. Implanon I had a high sex drive and it was convenient, but I also had terrible bleeding and nausea. The pill was OK, I just couldn't take it properly. Now were onto the nuva ring and my sex drive is just GONE. It's the lowest it's ever been. I only see my so once a week, so were usually pretty excited. Last two weeks, not at all. Have no interest in it. I hate it, and I'm considering trying to find a new BC yet again because of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM
What's implanon? I feel bad. I reject him all the time and I actually think of excuses to last for days. It's terrible.

Quoting rfhsure: I've been on a few kinds now. Implanon I had a high sex drive and it was convenient, but I also had terrible bleeding and nausea. The pill was OK, I just couldn't take it properly. Now were onto the nuva ring and my sex drive is just GONE. It's the lowest it's ever been. I only see my so once a week, so were usually pretty excited. Last two weeks, not at all. Have no interest in it. I hate it, and I'm considering trying to find a new BC yet again because of it.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Its the rod that goes I'm your arm. I had it for two years. I tool it out after a bled for 6 weeks straight. I loved the convenience but I hated all of the side effects, they were bad. I hear you, my so and I went out the other night and he got us a hotel room so wed have our own space instead of going back to his friends house, I just went to sleep. Poor guy :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: What's implanon? I feel bad. I reject him all the time and I actually think of excuses to last for days. It's terrible.

Quoting rfhsure: I've been on a few kinds now. Implanon I had a high sex drive and it was convenient, but I also had terrible bleeding and nausea. The pill was OK, I just couldn't take it properly. Now were onto the nuva ring and my sex drive is just GONE. It's the lowest it's ever been. I only see my so once a week, so were usually pretty excited. Last two weeks, not at all. Have no interest in it. I hate it, and I'm considering trying to find a new BC yet again because of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Damn, we suck huh? Did the implanon hurt? I am really not into having a foreign object in my body but between that and some weird cervical clip, I think I'd take the implanon. Do you talk to him about it? Does he know why?

Quoting rfhsure: Its the rod that goes I'm your arm. I had it for two years. I tool it out after a bled for 6 weeks straight. I loved the convenience but I hated all of the side effects, they were bad. I hear you, my so and I went out the other night and he got us a hotel room so wed have our own space instead of going back to his friends house, I just went to sleep. Poor guy :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: What's implanon? I feel bad. I reject him all the time and I actually think of excuses to last for days. It's terrible.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM
It wasnt bad. I've never had the Morena but I'll never get that. I dont want anything in my cervix! And yeah, he knows why. He's very understanding, but obviously it still sucks for him :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: Damn, we suck huh? Did the implanon hurt? I am really not into having a foreign object in my body but between that and some weird cervical clip, I think I'd take the implanon. Do you talk to him about it? Does he know why?

Quoting rfhsure: Its the rod that goes I'm your arm. I had it for two years. I tool it out after a bled for 6 weeks straight. I loved the convenience but I hated all of the side effects, they were bad. I hear you, my so and I went out the other night and he got us a hotel room so wed have our own space instead of going back to his friends house, I just went to sleep. Poor guy :/

CAT_NIP
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM
I hate all hormonal BC, so I stick to condoms. My husband's sex drive has been in the shitter for a few months and I think it's due to his medications. So yes that could be your issue as well. Medication (or BC) side effects usually suck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)