Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random things you buy/collect

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 44 Replies

The "what to do with baby shower gift bags" post sparked my weird gift bag obession.

So yes, I like to buy gift bags. The Dollar Tree is a weakness. You can buy all kinds of sizes and styles there for only $1. I just stock up on cute ones, even when I have no event to give for! The Dollar Zone at Target, clearance after the holidays. I have huge ones, small ones, cute shaped ones, wine bottle ones, holidays, weddings, birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, colorful, floral...anything! But the biggest problem is.....I hate actually giving away the really cute onees, lol.

So what about you? Is there anything you randomly buy and/or collect?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Magic the gathering cards and random comic book paraphernalia. I have huge collections of both. I save gift bags that people give gifts in if they are in good condition and use them to give gifts in. I'm cheap like that ;)
kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Cookbooks
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Do movies count? We have a ton of movies.

zeenah
by Zarah on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I don't really collect anything. .
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Doesn't everyone do that?

Quoting katyusha42: Magic the gathering cards and random comic book paraphernalia. I have huge collections of both. I save gift bags that people give gifts in if they are in good condition and use them to give gifts in. I'm cheap like that ;)

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I collect Noah's Ark things. I have figurines, pillows, book covers, windchimes, etc...
KikiKia
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I used to collect pens, then it was nail polish.  Not reallying collecting anything now at the moment.

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Sure!

We used to buy a lot of movies back when Blockbuster existed. They'd have tables of movies they'd sell 4/$20 (sometimes 5/$20). They were all the leftover ones when they got a whole bunch in for brand new movies then downsized after a few weeks.

Quoting Seagodess:

Do movies count? We have a ton of movies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Sharpies. I had a ton of colors before we moved but many have disappeared :-(
SexyBurlapSack
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Antiques. Usually jewelry, but I'll buy just about anything that catches my eye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)