Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for moms who hate breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
how did you make yourself keep going til a year. im at 8.5 months and I know ill go til a year even though my goal was 2 year. I just hate it so much and wish I could enjoy it. how did you make yourself like it?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I didn't I quit at like 5 months because I didn't want to anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

i reminded myself what a pain in the ass using formula was and how expensive formula is. and then i'd look down at my little guy and remember why i started bfing in the first place. i don't think i ever really liked it but i did it for him.

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Go to the grocery store and price out formula. Multiply that by like 2x per week, and then think about how many weeks you have left until you can just start buying milk.

It's thousands of dollars. That's enough to do it for me.

chairhead28
by Kris on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I didn't hate breastfeeding, but I had a very, very difficult time breastfeeding because I have tubular breasts--it is A LOT more difficult for me to have an adequate milk supply for my baby. I need to take medication to help me produce enough milk, along with other methods.

I kept reminding myself that the ONLY thing making my child grow is MY milk-no one else could do that BUT me. I felt really empowered. Not to mention, I know EXACTLY where my child's food is coming from-you can't say that about formula. I reminded myself of all of the amazing health benefits for both my child and myself. I reminded myself that anything worth working for will be hard, but pay off in the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Thanks

Quoting chairhead28: I didn't hate breastfeeding, but I had a very, very difficult time breastfeeding because I have tubular breasts--it is A LOT more difficult for me to have an adequate milk supply for my baby. I need to take medication to help me produce enough milk, along with other methods.

I kept reminding myself that the ONLY thing making my child grow is MY milk-no one else could do that BUT me. I felt really empowered. Not to mention, I know EXACTLY where my child's food is coming from-you can't say that about formula. I reminded myself of all of the amazing health benefits for both my child and myself. I reminded myself that anything worth working for will be hard, but pay off in the end.
theTosh.O
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I, personally, enjoyed it.

I think we each have to do what we feel is best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)