Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waking at least 10x at night...HELP!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I would not care if it was 1,2 or even 3x at night but dd(8 months old) literally wakes up crying 10x at night. im so exhausted I can barely function and my bones ache. im dairy free and hardly eat anything with soy, I also recline nurse and block feed even though I seriously doubt it has to do with how fast my milk comes out(just in case you were going to suggest oal). my dd is diagnosed with silent reflux and is on zantac & prilosec.
This is just driving me crazy.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Maybe the zantac isn't working.  Zantac does not work for me either.  The only thing that does is pepcid and prilosec.  Is she eating any table food?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM
she has baby foods but I noticed all this plus more reflux related symptoms well before food. I keep thinking shes going to get teeth since around 3/4 months but she is still toothless.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Maybe the zantac isn't working.  Zantac does not work for me either.  The only thing that does is pepcid and prilosec.  Is she eating any table food?

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

if it's ten times a night it sounds like she's not sleeping at all. Have you tried having her sleep upright in a rock and play or other bouncer approved for infant sleep? I've heard that helps reflux-y babies a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
the head of her crib is raised by 8 inches. she sleeps there then sleeps in my bed where she sleeps on my arm and pillow so probably her head is raised up 5-6 inches. I will try putting her in her bouncer tonight.

Quoting kmeow:

if it's ten times a night it sounds like she's not sleeping at all. Have you tried having her sleep upright in a rock and play or other bouncer approved for infant sleep? I've heard that helps reflux-y babies a lot.

chairhead28
by Kris on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
My son had horrible, horrible acid reflux and when I started putting him in the bouncy seat to sleep, it made a WORLD of difference.

I'd also suggest posting this in the Breastfeeding Moms group on here--those ladies will have a lot of different, awesome suggestions.

Good luck, hopefully it gets better for your baby soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM
thanks ill try it tonight. lokks like you have had a different experience in that group than I have. :/

Quoting chairhead28: My son had horrible, horrible acid reflux and when I started putting him in the bouncy seat to sleep, it made a WORLD of difference.

I'd also suggest posting this in the Breastfeeding Moms group on here--those ladies will have a lot of different, awesome suggestions.

chairhead28
by Kris on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I hope it helps, it sucked having to hear my baby cry because he was in pain and nothing helped :(

I've been in that group since I've been on this site (January 2008) and I absolutely love all of the women in that group. I've got a few girls on my Facebook because of that group-because of my issues (tubular breasts), they helped me in ways no one else could have. Without them, I don't think is be as confident with breastfeeding as I am.

I'm sorry you didn't get the same vibe. Ever since the anon button and openness of the group happened, I've seen a lot of bickering, but, the ladies that are IBCLC, LC, or just very pro-breastfeeding make the group worth it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: thanks ill try it tonight. lokks like you have had a different experience in that group than I have. :/

Quoting chairhead28: My son had horrible, horrible acid reflux and when I started putting him in the bouncy seat to sleep, it made a WORLD of difference.

kelly617
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I agree with the other ladies
I got a rock n play for my son when he was about a month old and OH MY GOD it was a miracle...he would sleep at least 3-4hrs at a time in it
he also slept great in the swing...I remember sleeping on the couch a bunch of times so he could sleep in the swing

Good luck

and I know you're breastfeeding but I will just throw this out there...I had a problem like this with my 2nd son. And my mom mentioned that we should try soy formula because my sister and I had both been lactose intolerant as babies. So we did and it was like a complete 180 change...he went from screaming for hours for no reason, waking constantly to sleeping peacefully and being one of the happiest babies.  So if you can't find anything that works you could always try soy formula and see if maybe that is the issue.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)