Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tough truths our kids need to learn

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I think, sometimes, parents are afraid to hurt their children's feelings or allow them to experience anything negative. However, I think we are doing them an injustice by doing that. I was thinking of some things that seem to be truths that some parents don't want to tell their children.

1. Tell them they can't sing before they go on American Idol and make an ass of themselves.

2. Some people will have more than you. If you like what they have, work your butt off to achieve it. Don't expect to have it handed to you just because you weren't afforded the same privileges as a kid.

3. Not everyone will like you (just like you won't like everyone). It's ok. No one is obligated to like you. Get over it and focus on the people who do.

4. Don't expect to be a pro-athlete and make millions playing a game. If you do, yay. But have a serious game plan for when you don't get drafted. Same with music and acting.

5. "Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on someone else's part."

6. No one owes you anything. You are entitled to nothing. You may earn what you have.

7. People who have more than you are not an enemy.

8. Swag will get you nowhere of any real value. People who matter won't be impressed by it.

....I'm sure there are more. Feel free to add your own.

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM

BUMP!

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Well shoot, I think you pretty much covered everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM

don't aways get what you want

the would dose not revive around you.

the rules to play boredgames.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I agree with #2, #5, #6, #7 the rest they can easily figure out all on their own. 

Using proper English and proper grammar is essential to not looking like an uneducated fool. 

4girlsmum
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The one thing I want my children to understand is that the most important decision in their life is with whom they decide to procreate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)