Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't love him anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I've been married for almost 8 yes now and honestly it's been hell mostly. I get screamed at for seriously stupid shit. (Like one time I was carrying clothes downstairs to wash and dropped a sock but didn't notice. Got yelled at for 30 mins over that one.)

I've left him before to try to get him to change his attitude, this was last year. And he did for a bit but it's going right back. And I'm sick of it. I'm tired. I feel worthless and like he doesn't really love me. Right now I'm staying for the kids. Because he's not like that with them. He's actually an awesome father.

Damn shit is hard. I feel torn between my happiness and my kids. I'm sorry not really a point to this post but I needed to vent and where I live the only people I know is his family.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

He is not an awesome father.  Awesome fathers show love and respect to their wives, the mother of their children.
Leave.  The children and you will be much happier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I'm just getting out of a relationship with a man cause of his attitude. I understand how you feel cause I would get yelled at and blamed for the stupidest things. He got verbal abusive with me, so it's been 4 days apart and I'm so at peace. It's the beginning of a new chapter for me. Hope you the best and get out if you are not happy
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM
This. And even if he's not an asshole in front of your children, they are still suffering from his abuse. Because they have an unhappy mother. I bet they know he treats you this way. How sad.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

He is not an awesome father.  Awesome fathers show love and respect to their wives, the mother of their children.Leave.  The children and you will be much happier.

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM

He may be nice to the kids but his yelling at you is effecting the kids. They're learning it's ok to treat you spouse like crap. Is that really the lesson you want them learning. And what he's doin is abuse. Verbal abuse but still abuse. Get couples counseling and if he won't go then tell him you're leaving. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
I tried to do couples counseling. I also told him I wanted him to do anger management and he hasnt.

Quoting DisabledVet:

He may be nice to the kids but his yelling at you is effecting the kids. They're learning it's ok to treat you spouse like crap. Is that really the lesson you want them learning. And what he's doin is abuse. Verbal abuse but still abuse. Get couples counseling and if he won't go then tell him you're leaving. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I know it's sad. I'm kinda pathetic. But they hated it when we were separated and we're really sad.

Quoting olliesmommy2: This. And even if he's not an asshole in front of your children, they are still suffering from his abuse. Because they have an unhappy mother. I bet they know he treats you this way. How sad.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

He is not an awesome father.  Awesome fathers show love and respect to their wives, the mother of their children.Leave.  The children and you will be much happier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I know it's sad. I'm kinda pathetic. But they hated it when we were separated and we're really sad.

Quoting olliesmommy2: This. And even if he's not an asshole in front of your children, they are still suffering from his abuse. Because they have an unhappy mother. I bet they know he treats you this way. How sad.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

ragdoll7777
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I'd leave, set an example for your kids to stand up for yourself and seek for your own happiness, they'll be fine. If he hasn't changed, he's not gonna, it's up to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)