Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are driving to the bus stop?!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

DS just started kindergarten a few weeks back and is taking the bus home and I am shocked by how many people are driving to the bus stop.  One guy is picking up his kid at the entrance to his apartment complex and is driving his car.  I walk about a half a block and then there is a lady that lives one block down that drives to the stop also.

I'm not really hating on these people, as it is there choice and has nothing to do with me, but it comes off as pretty lazy to me. I think adults have the right to be lazy but I just think it sends a pretty lazy message to the kids.  On the other hand I am very surprised to see all the mom's walking their kids to school when I drop my kids off in the morning, some are walking quite a distance.  And even more strange is I see more heavy set mom's being willing to make the walk over the skinnier mom's.  Just something I've noticed since school started that kind of made me go hmmm......

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Perhaps the drivers are going straight to our from work so it's convenient to just scoop /drop the kids on the way
demonica29
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Wow, you have a lot of stereotypes and preconceived notions in your head. 

purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

eh. i walk to the bus stop, it's just down the street.

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM

The lady that lives a block down the road is home all day.  She drives a bright red car so it is hard to miss.  

Quoting JackAttacks: Perhaps the drivers are going straight to our from work so it's convenient to just scoop /drop the kids on the way

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Maybe they are just getting home at the same time? I only pick mine up if it's raining.
Mama_4Babies
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM
My kids' bus stop is a street over from our house and I drive them to it then again I also take my husband to work first on the other side of town.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, you need more to to do.

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I am one of the heavy set women being willing to walk so yes I did notice and was even a little proud to notice how many heavier women are walking their kids in the morning since the stereotype is we are all this big because we are lazy.  

Quoting demonica29:

Wow, you have a lot of stereotypes and preconceived notions in your head. 

lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I drive to the bus stop and it's only about a 5 min walk. It's hot as hell and I'm not standing around in the heat.
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM

When the weather is crappy out my husband or fil will take take and pick up my oldest son from the bus stop and it's about couple feet away from my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)