Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattooed moms

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM
  • 44 Replies

What do your kids think about your tattoos? Do they say they want tattoos and how do you feel about that, if they do?

My kids are 4 and 6. They get really excited when I'm getting a new tattoo. My 6 year old is really bummed that I don't allow her to come with me. They both talk about how they want tattoos and although it wouldn't bother me when they are adults, I hope I don't have to battle with them about it when they are too young to be making those decisions. How about you?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM
DS used to add color to them with markers, lol. Other than that he's they've never really come up.
AvantGardener
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM

LOL, that's funny. My kids are fascinated by mine. That's interesting that yours don't come up.

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS used to add color to them with markers, lol. Other than that he's they've never really come up.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest think me and hubby tattos are really nice but hasn't say if he wants to get one or not and my youngest doesn't understand tattoos. If my boys decide when they are a little older too get one that's there choice as long they know it's forver and we will take them to get one.

Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
They like them, and if they choose to get the once they turn 18 that's fine with me.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM

my son loves our tattoos and often uses the play ones to put them in the same spots as ours. 

LadyMarissa
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My children have NEVER seen my tat because I was smart enough to put in a place that doesn't show in my regular clothes!!! My DD's have never indicated they are interested in getting one & my DS's know my rule is they have to WAIT until they graduate high school, get their own job, & move into their own home. Once they become responsible adults, they may do with their bodies as they please.  I'm just NOT going to pay them to do it!!!

GenericNameHere
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM
My kids love them. We have tattoo parlor days where I buy packs of temp tattoos and we put them on each other. Of the eventually want one is fibe by me. But they will have to be a certain age and want it for the right reasons
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM

My kids have never ever mentioned my tattoo. To them it's just a part of my body, like my scars (I have keloids). They aren't even aware that you can go buy and tattoo. I think they assume you are either born with them or something. LOL! I should enlighten them but it just hasn't come up. 

I don't care if they want them. I don't have to worry about battling with them about it b/c our state makes it illegal to get body piercings and tattoos under the age of 18, even with parent permission, so that decision was made for me. :)

amber710
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM

My 6 year old gets sad when her temp tattoos wash off. But she hates needles and maintains that she will only get inked as an adult if they can find another way to do it.

I feel the same.

I love DH's tats. And I have several ideas of beautiful and meaningful pieces I would love to get (the best is a tribute to my dad). But I am over here shaking in a corner with a needle phobia. So....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)