Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH's best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My Dh's best friend will be in town next week and the plan was for him to just stay with us. DH found out yesterday that he would have to travel out of town for work, and he won't be here while his best friend is here.

I was telling my mom about DH's trip and she wanted to know where the best friend would be staying now. She flipped out when I said he would still be staying at our house, she thinks it's improper!! Is it really that wrong for me to still allow him to stay over?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ah1987
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Think about it this way...would you want one of your friends staying at your house for a week with your husband while you were out of town? I know I wouldnt, no matter how much I trusted her, because anything can happen....and even though YOU know you wouldn't cheat, it's still disrespectful to put your husband in that situation (the friend staying with you). So yeah, I think it's improper...I wouldn't even consider letting him stay there with me while my husband was out of town.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I wouldn't. But that's really up to you and your husband.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM
My dh's best friend is family to us, so it wouldn't be weird at all. No different than my bil or sil. Everyone's comfort level with that kind of thing is different, but if you and your dh are fine with it then it's not improper.
kiwiskiwi29
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM

As long as you and your dh are comfortable with it I don't see why it would matter. Everyone has their own comfort level.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)