Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rip off from a post yesterday about the right to look through SOs phone etc

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I was reading through the post & replies and you ladies had alot of interesting replies of why & why not.. Thought id get your opinions for my DDs situation.

Her & SO have been together for 5 yrs now.(since she was a young teen) they are currently kinda broke up due to trust issues.. He has given her many reasons not to trust him. He has a problem with the social sites and constantly trying to talk to girls etc on them.. Even had a profile on a dating website ( claiming to be looking for friends)
Everytime he gets caught he has an excuse & says it will never happen again etc.. Well my DD had enough and broke up with him but hed begged her hed do anything.. Even give her his passwords etc! She chose NOT to get his passwords but ONLY asked him for him to let her look through his stuff occassionly when she asks ( which would be randomly so hed never know when she would ask) at first he said ok BUT when she asked him one time he took his time doing it playing on his phone eyc AND would not even let her touch the phone!! Then the next day told her he didnt want to give up his privacy!

She asked my opinion of it.. If i thought she was wrong and being unreasonable.. I told her no.. She told him only temporarily until he earned her trust back! He used to have her passwords to EVERYTHING and would log on & talk to ppl with them thinking it was her!! She finally changed all her passwords!

I told her if she cant trust him & he keeps doing the same thing over n over theres no reason to be in the relationship!!

Opinions please!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, she needs to drop that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:54 PM

It seems like he enjoys having your daughter around for consistency/as a back up plan, but that he has no desire to make her his one and only. 

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I agree with you, it's not a relationship she needs to be in. He has shown her numerous times what his true character is...she needs to believe him! He's a sneak, liar, cheater, manipulator and doesn't care enough about her to be any different. Tell her to let go of the fantasy, cut her losses and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I think in this case, once a cheater always a cheater applies
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM

If she keeps going back, she only has herself to blame.

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I agree with you. She needs to be done with him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Thats what we all try to tell her..he dont want her but he dont want her with anybodyelse.. Hes told her that hed make sure shed be with nobody else.. He also would grab her phone whenever he wntd n looked through it. Even would take it out of her purse!! BUT she not allowed to touch his! He would go on her fb n if i guy messaged her hed tell him she had a bf and not to talk to her!! But he can get all the girls numbers he wants

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It seems like he enjoys having your daughter around for consistency/as a back up plan, but that he has no desire to make her his one and only. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My neigbor tells her shes not a victim shes an accomplice now for letting it go on!!

Quoting januaryqueen:

If she keeps going back, she only has herself to blame.

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

These days having a SO that cheats can kill you. It's not like the old days when you might get the clap or something else that was cureable. Now you get things that can kill you. She needs to find someone who will really love her enough not to cheat on her or hurt her.

Lucky1123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Yeah if he said he would do anything to save their relationship and then when he agreed to her one thing and then as soon as she asks, he flips the script... He was lying from the get go.  She needs to cut her losses and walk away from it now.

At least I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)