Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waitressing and car loans?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
How would one that makes technically $2.13 an hour qualify for a car loan? I know the tips can be recorded for a few months to see actual income average but I am a single mom of four kids and need a car within a week or two at most or I won't have a way to get to work. I live 15 minutes from the restaurant and that's highway driving, no one else that works there lives in my town.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM
No idea. Tips and wages calculated like that always confused me. But im sure there are waitresses that have car loans.
bump
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Hmm I'm not sure I've never thought of that, bump. Hopefully someone else has some answers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Thanks! I have to have a car, can't wait three months to report all tips, and it is Red Lobster. My training is over in a week and I need a car then, I know what the average night is and I would be able to move out of my parents' home and get a car soon. But I just don't have the transportation to be able to make it there after the next week or two. It's frustrating.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: Hmm I'm not sure I've never thought of that, bump. Hopefully someone else has some answers.
kelaine1981
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Do you have a checking/savings account at a bank? Could you check with them? I'm sure you could qualify, but it really depends on your past credit history. :-) Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM
I would imagine your prior year income tax statements would work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I was a stay at home mom before this and it was all his income last year. :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would imagine your prior year income tax statements would work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I do. There was a repo and a foreclosure since April from this so the credit sucks. Thanks! I'll ask them.

Quoting kelaine1981: Do you have a checking/savings account at a bank? Could you check with them? I'm sure you could qualify, but it really depends on your past credit history. :-) Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)