Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you quit without notice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am at the end of it with my employer. I need to just quit. I'm not sure I can go through with a two week notice period. Have you ever done this? How did it turn out?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
A couple of times when I was being treated poorly, I had enough and walked out.
Another time I quit a job for health reasons and they asked if I wanted to make that day my last, and again when I became pregnant.
It depends on the situation I guess.
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I have once when I was young and dumb. I don't recommend it. You never know who you will run into down the line later in life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
How did it turn out for you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: A couple of times when I was being treated poorly, I had enough and walked out.
Another time I quit a job for health reasons and they asked if I wanted to make that day my last, and again when I became pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Good point I suppose.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: I have once when I was young and dumb. I don't recommend it. You never know who you will run into down the line later in life.
smvrn20
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Yes, but I'd told them from the start that if it began to interfere with my school work, I would quit on the spot, and I found a replacement that could start the day I quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
SO almost did this weekend. I hope he puts in his notice soon.

He's in school full time and working 30 hours a week. He doesn't the bullshit or the job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Just fine, other than one telling me how much of an inconvenience it was for her because she had to cover me that week.
I didn't have much of a problem finding a new job, even if it was a temporary " crap" job and in between we were financially alright.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How did it turn out for you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: A couple of times when I was being treated poorly, I had enough and walked out.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I quit one job by walking off right then and there. I had it for two weeks and I feel it was a very valid reason. 

I dont even add it to my resume and have never been questioned. 

OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I used to work at old navy, and my store manager left to be a store manager at Ann Taylor. The district manager of Ann Taylor (who hired her), was actually previously a district manager at the Gap company (same company as old navy) who my store manager previously worked for. Just little things like that, while it was 18 years later. It's just a coincidence that they both happened to go to a different company, but had she left her job when she was younger on bad terms, it could have hurt the new opportunity, know what I mean? You just never know.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good point I suppose.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: I have once when I was young and dumb. I don't recommend it. You never know who you will run into down the line later in life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)