Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you have a young child with glasses...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
  • 50 Replies

Mobile Photo

How do you get them to keep them on? Ds is 20 months and just got them yesterday. I know it will take some adjusting but so far he hated them. He runs away once he realises I'm holding them. I honestly thought seeing well would excite him but he wants nothing to do with it.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissara1011
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
My Dr said if wthy are the right prescription you won't have a problem with the child keeping them on... My dd is sn and I never had a prob with her wearing her glasses
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
The ophthalmologist gave us drops to blur her vision, because she wouldn't leave them on. Only after we did that, did she leave them on. I hated to do it, but it worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momNstinks
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
My Dd started wearing glasses at 19 months (she just turned 2)...her glasses have a strap that wraps around the back of her head.

http://www.safetyfirstselfdefense.com

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM
My dd was 6 when she got glasses never had a problem keeping them on
xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM
My son's do too.

Quoting momNstinks: My Dr started wearing glasses at 19 months (she just turned 2)...her glasses have a strap that wraps around the back of her head.
xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM
That's how old I was too and I had no issues. He is not yet 2 though and he doesn't understand.

Quoting emilysmom8: My dd was 6 when she got glasses never had a problem keeping them on
nicki.hemingway
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM

My ds was 1 and it took a year before he would leave them on.  He is 4 now and asks for them.

My dd got glasses this past summer at 3 years old. 

xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Interesting. I hadn't heard of doing that.

Quoting outtamymynd: The ophthalmologist gave us drops to blur her vision, because she wouldn't leave them on. Only after we did that, did she leave them on. I hated to do it, but it worked.
conweis
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Even with the right prescription it is an adjustment.

Quoting chrissara1011: My Dr said if wthy are the right prescription you won't have a problem with the child keeping them on... My dd is sn and I never had a prob with her wearing her glasses
momNstinks
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quoting xredstarsx: My son's do too.

Quoting momNstinks: My Dr started wearing glasses at 19 months (she just turned 2)...her glasses have a strap that wraps around the back of her head.

It will take time for him to get use to them. My dd use to take her glasses off all the time cuz she hated wearing them. She's gotten better know but will still take them off every now and again which she usually only does when they have smudges on them and she cant see clearly out of them.

http://www.safetyfirstselfdefense.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)