Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have chronic headaches?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  • 16 Replies
What do you that helps. Right now I have tried everything. I rotate between advil and Aleve. Some I will use excedrin migraine. Ive been also icing my neck and using heating pads All this stuff helps but temporarily and not great. What is your relationship like with headaches?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM

i get migraines and have Imatrex for them, but if they dont work i use 3 T  cold water with 1 T vinegar and drink it down like a shot. It has always worked for me.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I wish I could help.  I've had tension headaches that last for weeks before but I've had a headache every day for 3 years.  Nothing helps :(  I'm going to a neurologist next week but I don't have any expectations that he can help.  Good luck on yours.

Rydersmommy616
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM
What kind of vinegar?

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

i get migraines and have Imatrex for them, but if they dont work i use 3 T  cold water with 1 T vinegar and drink it down like a shot. It has always worked for me.

Rydersmommy616
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Good luck to you too:) it really sucks i know

Quoting jabs54:

I wish I could help.  I've had tension headaches that last for weeks before but I've had a headache every day for 3 years.  Nothing helps :(  I'm going to a neurologist next week but I don't have any expectations that he can help.  Good luck on yours.

ladyvamp5489
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM

just the regular white

Quoting Rydersmommy616: What kind of vinegar?
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Rydersmommy616
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Okay thanks i will definitely try this:)

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

just the regular white

Quoting Rydersmommy616: What kind of vinegar?

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I take a preventive and when I still get them I have imetrex
Rydersmommy616
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Ok these both are prescription s?

Quoting ilovemyboys84: I take a preventive and when I still get them I have imetrex
Rydersmommy616
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Bump
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Do youi the triggers?  Do you know if it is a sinus, stress or migraine headache?  All of those would be treated differently.   Excedrin Migraine and Tylenol (not at the same time) work well for me.  If the headache is severe, I usually have to sleep them off.

if you have tried alot of things, have you tried a chiropractor?  It worked for my DD when she was suffering migraines and several friends swear by chiropractic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)