Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a Teen Mom isn't that bad..

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
Television is teaching our teens that being a mom at 16 could land them on a TV show, making them famous, and that mom and dad will still take care of them.
On the other hand, what punishment do you really give when your teen announces shes pregnant?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JordanCsMommy
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Well I was a "teen" when I got pregnant. I was 18, but I was already living on my own and working so my parents couldn't "punish" me.
smvrn20
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I doubt it'll be issue. My child will be raised to understand that it just isn't an option, and before everyone says that doesn't work...it works in other countries, just not in the US. And I don't blame to raise my child in the US.

And as punishment...I wouldn't punish, should my child decide to ruin their life. They could grow up, move out, and be the adult they seem to think they are by deciding to have a child. It wouldn't be my problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM
I was a teen mom and it was the hardest years of my life. It was hell. so much stress, struggling, abuse from her dad, bad neighborhood where we got attacked. my daughter is the one that kept me strong. I had no parents to help me and was completly alone. Teen moms who still have mommy and daddy to help dont know the real struggle. I do not encourage teens getting pregnant but if my dd ever becomes a teen mom i will be there for her because i dont want her to live what i lived just to "punish" her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM

it is not going to happen in this house and dd is 17.  I was sexually active as a teen but knew better than to get pregnant.   I learned out to use BC properly and it does work.  I put the fear into my dd that is unacceptable to come home pregnant.  I will never accept teen pregnancy the way so many do today and trashy shows that condone teen pregnancy make me sick.

theTosh.O
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I think a teen mom, like any other mom, is different for everyone.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I was a teen mom. I struggled and struggled thanks to the punishment from my mother. I was homeless at times. I would not make my children be homeless as punishment, but their lives would not be fun. I would make sure that said could could afford an abortion if it is wanted and if not, I would make sure said CHILD is able to finish school so that my child and grandchild would not have to sleep in cars at night.

Being a teenage parent is VERY hard and not something I would want any child to experience. However, I would not make a baby suffer for it's parent's choices.

missme94
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I forgot to mention that i was a teen mom at 17, pregnant at 16. Then, married, and pregnant again at 18 with second & 19 with third. Still pregnant but im 20 now so im not a teen mom anymore lol. I struggled, but not as much as I would've if i were single.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was a teen mom and it was the hardest years of my life. It was hell. so much stress, struggling, abuse from her dad, bad neighborhood where we got attacked. my daughter is the one that kept me strong. I had no parents to help me and was completly alone. Teen moms who still have mommy and daddy to help dont know the real struggle. I do not encourage teens getting pregnant but if my dd ever becomes a teen mom i will be there for her because i dont want her to live what i lived just to "punish" her
JC2223
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Teen pregnancy is unacceptable to me, especially in today's world with multiple forms of BC at their fingertips. I knew what the consequences would be if I came home pregnant as a teen and I made sure it never happened. We have family morals, ethics and standards we discuss with our children. They know what is and isn't acceptable in this home and they know what their consequences would be too. Life is about choices...make good choices and you'll reap the benefits. Make bad choices and you suffer the consequences. Pregnancy and having a child comes with its own consequences and responsibilities. It wouldn't be a "punishment", but I would hold my children to taking the consequences and responsibilities of their choices...no matter what those choices are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)