Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe people like this still exist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My ds has been dating his gf for 2 years, ds is 20 his gf is 18. Well her parents told him not to bother coming around anymore because they are sending her back to their home country to meet a husband......I'm shocked this still goes on honestly, It's not an arranged marriage kind of thing but they want her to marry a man from where they are from......it's odd to me honestly
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Well she is 18 and can decide to stay with your ds! That's all kinds of f*cked up
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
WOW.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM
They aren't allowing her to make a choice, she either goes or they are dropping her at a homeless shelter and taking her out of the family will and stuff like that

Quoting hopeful_leslie: Well she is 18 and can decide to stay with your ds! That's all kinds of f*cked up
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I didnt realize this was still common , granted she is 18 so she can make her own choice. Who knows if she would be willing to go against her parents.
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Where is she from? That suxs though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
So let them do that and then you take her in or your ds moves where her! They have been together 2 years that is a good amount of time

Quoting Anonymous 1: They aren't allowing her to make a choice, she either goes or they are dropping her at a homeless shelter and taking her out of the family will and stuff like that

Quoting hopeful_leslie: Well she is 18 and can decide to stay with your ds! That's all kinds of f*cked up
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Its still her choice. She can choose to let her family run her life or she can choose independence.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They aren't allowing her to make a choice, she either goes or they are dropping her at a homeless shelter and taking her out of the family will and stuff like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
They are scaring her into going, telling her she either goes or gets dropped off at a homeless shelter

Quoting Chaos1229: I didnt realize this was still common , granted she is 18 so she can make her own choice. Who knows if she would be willing to go against her parents.
Yariol987
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
It's part of some peoples culture, I don't agree with it but whatever. I feel bad for your son though...
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I dearly love my family BUT if my parents ever threatened me with something like that I'd call their bluff in a heartbeat and would never speak to them again. That's just me though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)