Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart vision centers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Has anyone gone there before? What was your experience like? Did they help find glasses that would look good on you?

Ds has his first real appointment tomorrow. Sadly, Walmart is all I can afford right now.

He's been squinting and rubbing his eyes a lot. Both me and his dad wear glasses.

I'm kinda nervous about what kind to get that'll look good on him.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Remy11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM
They have optometrists so they are like any other chain place. You don't have health insurance?
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Dh and DD get their glasses from Sears Optical.

Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
They didn't help me pick out frames but I really liked their optometrist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

yep we took our son there. they helped pick out good frames and gave good suggestions. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I'm wearing my glasses from Wal-Mart as I type this. I've only ever had good experiences with them.
UrWorstNight
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I went once.

And they used 1800 contacts to order my contacts and it cost me an arm and a leg. So never again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Yes. It was at a time where we didn't have insurance and I didn't know when we were going to get it again so that was my only choice. They told me I was blind in one eye and gave me a shitty pair of glasses. I cried for a week because I knew my eye was bad but not that bad. About a year and a half later I got insurance and the eye doctor was rip shit that my prescription was so far off. It wasn't even close to right and I am not even close to blind in that eye. He said its bad compared to the other but that doesn't make it anywhere near blind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Uh, it's an optometrist...what does it being Walmart have to do with it? I got mine from their and I love them. Sams Club had ones to fit my dd, so we went their for her.
Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

My friends only buy their daughter frames from there as she breaks and loses her glasses about once a month. Her glasses seem fine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I got DD a nice pair of glasses from Wal Mart as a backup for around $40, they were cute on her. Not a lot of selection in the less expensive frames. You may also look into things like ZinniOptical, which is an online optical company. We had good experiences with glasses we got from them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)