Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is going to kill me!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought some nice woll roving yarn to make a blanket for the couch. Well, I'm through my $40 worth, and definitely not as far along as I thought I'd be! This blanket is going to be waaaay more expensive than I planned!

What is your weakness? What can you seem to not stop spending money on?

(and before someone says it, no my husband isn't going to kill me, I was kidding. I mentioned it to him and he said, "if it makes you happy and you enjoy doing it, go for it!")

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Omgosh books on my kindle, handbags(dooney n Bourke) and makeup from sephora.lol..
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I totally get this.

Silk pillowcases to dye and/or paint.  I love working with them, but even if I get the bulk price it's still $15 each.

mybumblebe
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Clothes, eating out at restaurants lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Silk dying sounds fun! Have you ever tried batik? I did once with moderate result, just haven't gotten around to trying again.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I totally get this.

Silk pillowcases to dye and/or paint.  I love working with them, but even if I get the bulk price it's still $15 each.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Yankee candles
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh, excellent. I love Yankee! There was an awesome outlet near me before we moved. When we had the movers pack the house they weren't supposed to pack and transport candles, but they made an exception because I had a lot invested in them. lol

Quoting KendallsMommee: Yankee candles

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Books. DH thinks Amazon should come thank me in person for all the money that I've spent with them, lol. I have literally thousands of books.
WillowRose24
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Friggin candles... :( I'm addicted.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Tried it, not such a fan because it is SUPER messy, tie-dyeing and painting are what I'd call moderately messy.  I like silk velvet scarves too, here's one I helped my three year old do:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Silk dying sounds fun! Have you ever tried batik? I did once with moderate result, just haven't gotten around to trying again.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I totally get this.

TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Home decor, I'm always buying a scroll, picture frame etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)