Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my 3 year old has ADHD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
At the age of two, he would would always yell and blurt out the most random things (he was already speaking in sentences by this age) he was always so incredibly loud, would jump around for no apparent reason, climb people and things. Much louder than his cousin who is the same age as him. They were complete opposites. He was calm and sometimes I even thought that maybe he had a problem because he was always so quiet and slow and just calm overall... But I never thought that it was my son who was just overly active and hyper. Until now..
He's 3 and is even worse! He jumps on people and things, yells out words, interrupts, talks excessively, repeats things over and over again, and he pretty much bugs everyone that he comes into contact with :( I know this because they either tell me that he is overbearing or they just ignore him altogether. It makes me
Really sad!
I have a lot of patience but sometimes I get pushed to the edge with him.. Especially because I also have a 10 month old to take care of. I've already been told by 3 family members that they think my son has ADHD. He's just way overly hyper and impulsive compared to his cousins.
Do you have a young child with ADHD? How do you distinguish a normal energetic toddler and one with ADHD??
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Dumbass....
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM

FFS, he's a three year old boy.

Jodee24
by Sliceoflife on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I'm not educated with ADHD but my toddler is one hyper little gal.
Did you mention anything to the dr?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Ugh.
Kids have a lot of energy. He's energetic, so what?
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I think it's best to wait and have him tested before you allow yourself, family or friends give him a label with something that could just be typical behavior.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That's normal 3 yr old behavior, but are you doing anything to train him in proper manners? The yelling, interrupting, jumping on furniture, etc? 3 yr olds are impulsive,loud, and active. But as parents we are supposed to be teaching them how to channel that.

He's way too young to diagnose with ADHD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Yes. I do. I'm consistent with it too..
No form of discipline or positive reinforcement has worked for him.

Quoting Leissaintexas: That's normal 3 yr old behavior, but are you doing anything to train him in proper manners? The yelling, interrupting, jumping on furniture, etc? 3 yr olds are impulsive,loud, and active. But as parents we are supposed to be teaching them how to channel that.

He's way too young to diagnose with ADHD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Sounds like a normal kids who needs some extra play time since he has a little more energy . My son was like that but he outgrew it. Some kids are a little more active than others . That's doesn't mean he has ADHD.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
My ds wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until he was in kindergarten. Right now just hold off to have him tested.
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I have two four year olds in my house and they both do that. I wouldn't be surprised to find out my granddaughter is ADHD because her father and grandfather are. But neither of them have been tested. I know my grandson isn't because he's showing none of the signs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)