Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok now how does this make any sense at all smdh some parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My dd 15 was telling me about one of her friends. She was like she get everything. I was like ya. She has an iPhone. Her mom said she'll pay for everything except gas until she is 18 even her car. I said that nice but I prefer that y'all work for stuff when y'all are 16

Fast forward until dinner. I was telling the kids that i have to make them a dentist appointment. I think dd needs braces. .and my dd said that is one thing that my friend mom won't do. I said huh. She said well she told me her mom won't take her to the dentist and that's why she has Brown teeth.

I was like really. Smdh

Ok tell me how this makes sense. Get Your kid and iPhone, buy her a car pay for everything but you won't take her to the dentist.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Does it really matter? You and your daughter are on the outside looking in. The grass is always greener on the other side. Maybe that iPhone is a prepay or a $10 a month extra line. Maybe they don't have dental insurance... not your child so not your problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Your right not my problem but I am entitled to an opinion .and fyi, we live in Florida even you make to much for Medicaid. Florida kidcare offer health coverage for $20 a month and it covers dental and vision. My kids have used ot in the past..

Quoting Anonymous: Does it really matter? You and your daughter are on the outside looking in. The grass is always greener on the other side. Maybe that iPhone is a prepay or a $10 a month extra line. Maybe they don't have dental insurance... not your child so not your problem.
smvrn20
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM
That doesn't make sense. A good parent ensures their child has healthcare. That includes dental care. There is no reason for brown teeth though, unless she wasn't even taught basic dental hygiene.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM

who needs clean teeth when you got an iphone?! priorities.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Poor kid. I consider physicals and dental appointments to be basic needs that need to be met.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM
I agree

Quoting januaryqueen: Poor kid. I consider physicals and dental appointments to be basic needs that need to be met.
702girly
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I've met people who just don't give a shit about oral hygiene. I don't get it either. I used to have a friend who made about 250,000 a year and she had the nastiest teeth. She just didn't care about getting them fixed. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM

That is sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Then you save that $10 and put it towards at least annual check ups. That's the responsible, adult thing to do. If you can't afford a NEED, you save instead of frittering money away on WANTS.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Does it really matter? You and your daughter are on the outside looking in. The grass is always greener on the other side. Maybe that iPhone is a prepay or a $10 a month extra line. Maybe they don't have dental insurance... not your child so not your problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)