Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Katie have moved so Candy could watch tv? (Hopefully it is no longer confusing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Katie lives in a boarding home with another woman named Candy and Candy's children; DD18, DS14, DD10, DD2, and a DS7mo. There is a manager who is hired by the owner of the home to watch over it while she is not there.

There is room called the kids living room. Adults are allowed to watch television in this room if there are no kids in the room already watching television. If a child comes in and an adult is watching television, she has to turn it to what the child(ren) want to watch.

So Katie goes into the kids room to watch tv. It is 10am and the only ones who are home are katie, Candy and her DD2 and DS7mo (and they are in another room of the house).

Katie got up twice and was out of the room for 30 minutes. Both times before returning to watch tv for the last time. If Candy wanted to watch television she could have went in, turned the television on what she wanted, and watched tv.

After about an hour Candy gets up and takes her kids upstairs. The manager comes out of her office and says to Katie:
Manager: You know this is the moms and kids room, right?
Katie: Yes.
Manager: Well what if Candy wanted to come in here and watch television while feeding [7mo]? You should get up and go somewhere else.
Katie: Well why can't she? If she wants to watch television she can come in and ask for the remote.
Manager: She shouldn't have to and she won't ask.

And then the manager walks off. It is not known whether the manager saw Katie watching television through the cameras in the house or if Candy went and complained to the manager. It is only known that Candy never indicated that she wanted to watch television to Katie.

If Katie watches television it is early mornings when nobody has gotten out of bed yet, or in the afternoon with the children. Candy's 10yo daughter asks Katie to watch cartoons with her when she gets home from school every day. It isn't like she hogs the television.

So, should Katie have moved so that Candy could watch television? Or was the manager wrong for telling Katie she needed to leave the room?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM

my answers still the same..if candy cant open her mouth,why is that katies problem?

epoh
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Its a TV. Truly irrelevant. Pick your battles, and don't make such a mind suck one of them.
greenlove2013
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I think the manager is wrong. If candy's children wanted to watch tv, they or the mother should of asked for the remote
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it court ordered that Katie be in this facility? If so, she will need a court order to move.

Normal adults do not live with caretakers.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I think if Candy wanted to watch tv she should of asked. 

Remy11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM
This still isn't normal living.
DameDeLaMer
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:30 PM
And I still agree. Katie isn't a mind reader(that we know of).

Quoting quinnsmom715:

my answers still the same..if candy cant open her mouth,why is that katies problem?

mrsmoonbeam
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:30 PM
This

Quoting quinnsmom715:

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Adults should not need someone to tell them how to function. The fact that they need someone to step in and solve these petty little squabbles is a bit ridiculous. I am assuming there are rules though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I would ask the owner of the house if the rules have changed. It sounds like the manager doesnt want Katie to watch tv.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)