Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He did it!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know for most 4 year olds this is not a big deal but it is for Indie and I was literally jumping up and down. He traced letters! And he did a good job! I didn't think he would be able to write his name this year, but this is a HUGE step. I'm so excited! Also he said Yellow, instead of lello. I feel like he's going to be all caught up for kindergarten next year. WHOOOOO!

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

He keeps yelling "YELLOW!" lol

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Orange is a hard one! Dd is almost two and she works so hard to say it correctly!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Awesome! Is that The Big Preschool Book? My dd used that and it was very helpful.
Usagi1023
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Awesome. I know that joy too. My 4 year old is now using his words a lot more and doing so well in his studies. Iys a wonderful feeling. Lol
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Yay!!! Way to prepare him for kinder!! Good job mom!
Dannygirl25
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay. Im working with my 4year old to make sure hes more then ready for kinder. Its been more of a challenge then his sis was .
AvantGardener
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Yes. I've been working with him since the beginning of last year. I always feel like in preschool they just give them worksheets to keep them busy while they clean up from the last art project. I have tons of workbooks that I can sit with him on and actually guide him through it. I just don't want kindergarten to be a nightmare.

Quoting thenameshailie: Awesome! Is that The Big Preschool Book? My dd used that and it was very helpful.

AvantGardener
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM

You just want to shout! Congratulations to your little guy.

Quoting Usagi1023: Awesome. I know that joy too. My 4 year old is now using his words a lot more and doing so well in his studies. Iys a wonderful feeling. Lol

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I've always thought of preschool as being more focused on socialization. Help at home makes the biggest difference.

Quoting AvantGardener:

Yes. I've been working with him since the beginning of last year. I always feel like in preschool they just give them worksheets to keep them busy while they clean up from the last art project. I have tons of workbooks that I can sit with him on and actually guide him through it. I just don't want kindergarten to be a nightmare.

Quoting thenameshailie: Awesome! Is that The Big Preschool Book? My dd used that and it was very helpful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Any accomplishment is a big one, no matter the circumstance. That's awesome!! Good job buddy!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)