Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a busy week, and it's only Tuesday. *sigh* update on me hating my tubal.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
Today was my doctors appointment for the spotting I had on Wednesday to Saturday of last week. The doctor was concerned. He did the internal - OMG I think you just pushed my uterus out of my vagina - check, he said he can feel a large cyst on my left ovary, so he ordered an ultrasound for that. He also ordered labs to check my thyroid, hormones, FSH (isn't this the ovulation check, thing? Or am I mixing it up? I'll probably google this.) and a lipid check (no freaking clue what the hell this is. I could google it...i probably will.*shrugs*)

He also said that PTLS (post-tubal ligation syndrome) is a real thing. If the labs and ultrasound come back showing nothing, then he either wants to discuss a tubal reversal or trying birth control pills to see if that helps.

Anyways, I think that's all the updates I promised.

Ok, googled the lipid test, now, I have another question. Why is he testing my lipids? Like what is he looking for? How will that answer why I'm spotting between periods?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM
You don't know what a lipid is?
bookwormx4
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Oh God girl. This is no good. At least you have some options for getting it lined out.
Bleusockmonkey
by Bad.monkey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I know what a lipid is, I don't know what the lipid test is that was ordered. :-/

Quoting Anonymous 1: You don't know what a lipid is?
Bleusockmonkey
by Bad.monkey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Right, it's definitely no good. But, at least this doctor is willing to find the problem and hopefully fix it.

Quoting bookwormx4: Oh God girl. This is no good. At least you have some options for getting it lined out.
Bleusockmonkey
by Bad.monkey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Bump
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM

What's going on sugar? I missed what happened, are you OK?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

AND, I'm sure that this doctor is going to just conveniently take your payment to do a tubal reversal?  Not exactly 100% ulterior motive free.

Bleusockmonkey
by Bad.monkey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
On Wednesday of last week I started spotting brown blood with tissue-y looking weirdness in it. The spotting would go back and forth from red to brown and it was like a really light period. My last period was on sept 4th, and it lasted 8 days, which is odd compared to my usual 6. Along with the spotting I was also experiencing ovary pains, it started out as a tugging/pulling sensation on both ovaries and the left ovary on Thursday started feeling like it was being stabbed, repeatedly, while the right side maintained the pulling/tugging sensation. So, today I had a doctors appointment to get that checked out. My tubes are tied, have been for 2.5 years.

I'm fine, minus the pains, that still haven't gone away. :-/

Quoting littlesippycup:

What's going on sugar? I missed what happened, are you OK?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Gotcha..

Quoting Bleusockmonkey: I know what a lipid is, I don't know what the lipid test is that was ordered. :-/

Quoting Anonymous 1: You don't know what a lipid is?
Bleusockmonkey
by Bad.monkey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Isn't that any doctor? I told the doctor we would discuss a reversal at a later date along with birth control.

You realize the doctor accepted my insurances payment for this visit, right? I'm afraid, I'm not really understanding your point?!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

AND, I'm sure that this doctor is going to just conveniently take your payment to do a tubal reversal?  Not exactly 100% ulterior motive free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)