Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely dizzy during pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Has anyone had extremely dizzy episodes during early pregnancy (I am 14 weeks) to the point of falling into walls (my husbands comparison is a wasted person walking)? I see the dr again Friday.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I get that and I'm not pregnant. I have very low blood pressure.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Yep, It's not uncommon. Be sure to talk to your doctor about it, but if you aren't losing consciousness, you probably don't need to be seen before your regular appt.

motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Can be normal and miserable. I had it for 3 long miserable pregnancies. It was horrible. I hated every day of being pregnant because I was so sick and dizzy. Mine was my bp was low when I stood for any amount of time. Cohnldnt even make dinner.
I would mention it to your on to check iron and make sure its nothing wrong though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM
If iron can cause it that would make sense. They actually wanted to give me a blood transfusion but instead put me on daily iron injections.

Quoting motherofzandz: Can be normal and miserable. I had it for 3 long miserable pregnancies. It was horrible. I hated every day of being pregnant because I was so sick and dizzy. Mine was my bp was low when I stood for any amount of time. Cohnldnt even make dinner.
I would mention it to your on to check iron and make sure its nothing wrong though.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Low blood pressure, low blood sugar, or low iron. Hard to pinpoint without blood or glucose tests.

Make sure your prenatal vitamin has iron in it, and eat iron rich foods, in addition to vitamin c rich foods (vitamin c helps your body use iron better).

And try eating frequent small snacks throughout the day. A few pieces of fruit, yogurt, even some candy like twizzkers or something.
KennyPooPoo22
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Normal. I blacked out at the airport in Oakland California at 13 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM
It is not my sugar. It was the first thing I checked since I have sugar issues. I have been checking them 4x a day.

Quoting smorgan865: Low blood pressure, low blood sugar, or low iron. Hard to pinpoint without blood or glucose tests.

Make sure your prenatal vitamin has iron in it, and eat iron rich foods, in addition to vitamin c rich foods (vitamin c helps your body use iron better).

And try eating frequent small snacks throughout the day. A few pieces of fruit, yogurt, even some candy like twizzkers or something.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Ahh, well that's good to narrow it down! BP or the iron thing then most likely.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is not my sugar. It was the first thing I checked since I have sugar issues. I have been checking them 4x a day.

Quoting smorgan865: Low blood pressure, low blood sugar, or low iron. Hard to pinpoint without blood or glucose tests.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)