Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The struggle is real- WDYT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I posted on Facebook today about the silly reasons my toddler was crying. You've probably seen that type of post, people post a picture of their crying kid and that the kid is crying because their socks matched or because mom wouldn't let them paint the dog or something similarly facepalm worthy.

A friend who is a pretty crunchy type- cosleeps, baby wears, makes her own soaps and deodorant, etc- commented "the struggle is real!"

Is she saying it's wrong to be amused or frustrated on Facebook about this? Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not worked up or especially concerned with the comment, it's just Facebook after all. I'm just curious what you ladies think.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Screenshot?
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Sounds like she was agreeing with you. The struggle with toddlers IS real! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM

OMG its facebook!!! Why are people so obsessed over every little comment!!! Maybe your addicted. Get off the computer and get a hobby!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM
FTR, she cried because I put her down in her chair instead of on the floor. Then she cried because I told her she was free to get up if she didn't want to sit there.

What did your kid cry about today?
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I think she's agreeing with you....
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I think she was saying that the struggle to not headdesk yourself every time your kid fries a neuron over some stupid shit is real.  She was supporting you.

chrissybrooke
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM

If my friends said something like that, I think she would be teasing me becasue she is pretending to sympathize with the child's silly reasoning. ie The struggle is real because today I'm going to kindergarten, but my skirt is purple instead of lavendar. 

edit- she is just agreeing with you in a funny way. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Dear you need to up your slang vocabulary. No, she's agreeing with you... It was a joke.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM
My daughter cried today because she pulled her sock off and couldn't put it back on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)