Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My parents favor dd...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
And I don't know what to do. They don't acknowledge my youngest two boys at all. They had birthdays in June and August and neither received gifts or regonization. Yet they threw my dd bday party just a week ago. My dad came over tonight to pick up dd for an overnight, something they've never done for ds2 and ds1, and said how "sweet" ds1 was and that was all. I don't expect my parents to take the younger boys for an overnight but at least acknowledge they exist! I don't want to hurt their relationship with dd but what would you do?

Btw dd is by a different father but they don't like him. I don't know if it's because she is the only girl or because they feel the boys were "mistakes".

Oh and I'm adopted but dd is their first grandchild and really only according to them. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them it's all or none. Good luck.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM
That's entirely fucked up. It needs to be all or nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
I want to but I'm not good with confrontation and afraid it will mess up the relationship with dd. What do I say? Because it bothers me and even though it may not bother the boys now I know one day it will affect them greatly.

Quoting vegaswife2011: Tell them it's all or none. Good luck.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM
You tell her it's BS for starters. You have 3 kids, not 1.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I want to but I'm not good with confrontation and afraid it will mess up the relationship with dd. What do I say? Because it bothers me and even though it may not bother the boys now I know one day it will affect them greatly.

Quoting vegaswife2011: Tell them it's all or none. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM
How old are the children?
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Totally your fault for allowing it.
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Strengthen up your backbone and let them know it's wrong. All or nothing. They start making an effort to include the boys and acknowledge them as well or ta-ta, see you later!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
How old are the kids? My grandparents did the same with my brothers and I, but I was significantly older than they were & once my brothers were a bit older, they started to do more things for & with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Put your foot down now, you'll regret it if you wait until the boys notice. Tell them to treat all of your children equally or stay out of your lives. Yes your DD will notice and the relationship will change, but it's do it now or watch as your sons resent their sister for your parents being jerks.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM
My mil came to take my oldest out one day and she didn't want to take my youngest who was 2 at the time. My baby stood at the door for an hour and cried for her Nana. My oldest is the first grandchild and my mil favorite. We live with my inlaws now so she really can't single one out but she tries subtlety sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)