Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my horrible mom moment....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
DD is 7 months and today we were sitting on the patio. She has a little child's chair she likes to sit in. Its about a foot off the ground. I was sitting right next to her and she fell out landing directly on her face on the concrete. I called her pedi on the way to the ER. Luckily she is fine and just had a slight nose bleed but I still feel terrible. I was sitting RIGHT next to her and didnt manage to catch her.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Ds did a back flip off the couch at 9 months. I couldn't catch him fast enough. It happens.
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM
It happens don't worry she still loves you.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Aw, poor little thing. I'm sorry, I know you were probably having a heartastrokeurism. I let my dd fall off the couch once, I felt terrible. I cried for an hour. It happens to the best of us. 

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Ahh poor kid. This is just the beginning though, by the time their five you'll be used to it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
7 month old in a childs chair?

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Is this your first child? Know now that you will not always be able to "catch" her, that she are going to get bumped and bruised and cut and scratched. It's how kids learn about the world. It does NOT make you a horrible mom.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
First time moms are cute their overreacting.
She's fine. It's not the first time she'll fall.
tashibaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Happens. I think us as mothers are more scared then them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Yea. She is nearly walking unassisted. She can sit fine on her own. Thing was she leaned over too far. Her body weight did the rest. Its a really small chair. My neighbors son is 18 months and can't even fit in it well

Quoting Anonymous 2: 7 month old in a childs chair?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM
No my 3rd. Just never had anything happen like this with them

Quoting susannah2000:

Is this your first child? Know now that you will not always be able to "catch" her, that she are going to get bumped and bruised and cut and scratched. It's how kids learn about the world. It does NOT make you a horrible mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)