Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it taboo? apparently not many have seen (pic) warning

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 42 Replies

Mobile Photo

Is it really that odd? I've seen tons of natural birth pics.. is a c section pic really that strange?

I think it's a beautiful pic of the first moments with my baby girl (edited out the girl parts, lol)
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybumblebe
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
All I can say is I hope you didn't put this on Facebook lol. I would keep those pics to myself and family I hate when people post bloody baby pics even though it's natural and birth is amazing
megz0511
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I think it's great. Ds is a c section baby and the doctor asked dh about a million times if he was ready with the camera lol.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I don't think it's taboo at all. 

cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Our surgeons wouldn't let us until she was out and I was closed up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
All birth pictures are kind of gross... But I do enjoy them either way... It reminds me of the first time when the midwife pulled my baby out and handed him to me on my belly. It was just beautiful! He's 5 now it seemed like it was a dream now ^_^
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM

lol, no, not on fb. . .not everyone on there is a parent. I did get asked by quite a few to see the pics. . . lol. .

but are csection pics really such a taboo. i dont see many and most are shocked when i say i have some, or mention i have video, lol.

they act likes its unnatural. a few dont act as badly, so can't put them all in one group.

It just surprises me that the same people that ooo and ahh over pics with vag in the background have made nasty comments about "how dare i want pics of my surgery"... uhh, i gave birth, the only way my body would allow and the only way I would survive. Just dumbfounded.

Quoting mybumblebe: All I can say is I hope you didn't put this on Facebook lol. I would keep those pics to myself and family I hate when people post bloody baby pics even though it's natural and birth is amazing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Birth pictures creep me out. Idk why. Even my own. I only look at the picture of my kids when they were cleaned and I was decent.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM

No different than any of the just born pics I posted. 

mybumblebe
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I wouldn't say it's taboo. I wouldn't call a csection natural though, but it's your birthing experience and of course you wanted to document it! Congrats on the little one! That's crazy though I don't think I could watch a video of even my own csection if I had one. I didn't particular want DH to video record my birth but he wanted to. He just took pics instead

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2:

lol, no, not on fb. . .not everyone on there is a parent. I did get asked by quite a few to see the pics. . . lol. .

but are csection pics really such a taboo. i dont see many and most are shocked when i say i have some, or mention i have video, lol.

they act likes its unnatural. a few dont act as badly, so can't put them all in one group.

It just surprises me that the same people that ooo and ahh over pics with vag in the background have made nasty comments about "how dare i want pics of my surgery"... uhh, i gave birth, the only way my body would allow and the only way I would survive. Just dumbfounded.

Quoting mybumblebe: All I can say is I hope you didn't put this on Facebook lol. I would keep those pics to myself and family I hate when people post bloody baby pics even though it's natural and birth is amazing

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Why?  I posted all my sons just second old pics on FB.  Yup he was naked in everyone.  Never had an issue.  Everyone on my FB is friends or family anyway so that is who I shared them with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)