Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be selfish of me to ask..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
To be induced? I'm 37 weeks and want to make it as far as I can, but would it be selfish to ask to be induced when I know my doctor is on call?

The hospital I deliver at has 2 obs. Whichever doctor is on call, is who delivers. I DO NOT want this other doctor anywhere near me. Nothing but bad experiences with him.

OKAY SINCE NO ONE CAN READ. I SAID I WANT TO MAKE IT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO BE INDUCED RIGHT NOW! I AM TALKING ABOUT BEING INDUCED CLOSER OR ON MY DUE DATE TO ENSURE MY DOCTOR IS THE ONE ON CALL!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Remy11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Yes extremely selfish.. Sorry.. Babies do better the longer they are in and while 37 weeks is considered full term these days they are not fully developed.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Induced at 37 weeks?  Yep. 

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Yes, wtf.... why would anyone consider this?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:22 PM
She didn't say she wanted to be induced today.

Quoting Remy11: Yes extremely selfish.. Sorry.. Babies do better the longer they are in and while 37 weeks is considered full term these days they are not fully developed.
Sara-1989
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Yep.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I understand you want your doctor to deliver but have you met the other doctor? Most times doctors will only induce if medically necessary or you're after your due date.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Can you find out when your doctor will be on call during the week of your due date?

Remy11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Regardless asking to be induced for anything less then a medical
Issues is selfish. When the baby is ready you go into labor. To ask because you don't like a doctor is worse. And she asked for opinions so we are giving them .

Quoting OneToughMami: She didn't say she wanted to be induced today.

Quoting Remy11: Yes extremely selfish.. Sorry.. Babies do better the longer they are in and while 37 weeks is considered full term these days they are not fully developed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, their lungs aren't fully developed until the end. Why would you consider putting your baby @ risk like that? The end sucks, but you will survive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Yes, extremely selfish. Your baby's brain will increase by about a third in the next few weeks. There's still a very real possibility of not fully developed lungs. The suck/swallow reflex will be better in a couple of weeks and baby will feed more efficiently.
Pregnancy isn't typically only 37 weeks for a reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)