Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
When I got off work today I grabbed my phone to make a call. There was a message from my husband. This is what he said- If you end up eating all the oreo Klondike bars before I get any can u plus buy more so I can have some too. I don't mind sharing but sharing means I get some too.

OK. We have 4 boxes of Klondike bars (Reeses, Heath, Oreo and chocolate chip). We also have boxes of other ice cream and popsicles.

I think my husband could have worded his message different. I think he should have left out the part about me buying more and the part about sharing. I think he just should have asked me to save him some of the oreo if there were any left. There are two left. All the other boxes of Klondike bars are unopened.

He has a really good job. Buying more himself would not hurt him. He's just being a jerk to me.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM
He has every right to say those things.
anon1986East
by Kali on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. Do you have the habit of eating them all before he gets a chance to have any? If so then it's completely understandable that he said what he said. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM
No. I very seldom eat ice cream. He even told our child not to eat them.

Quoting anon1986East:

I think you're reading too much into it. Do you have the habit of eating them all before he gets a chance to have any? If so then it's completely understandable that he said what he said. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I think he just spelled out exactly what he wants. He was clear and well-articulated. Kudos to him on direct communication!
mybumblebe
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I think you sound nuts for making a post about this. And I hate Klondike bars
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:04 AM
This is silly to get riled up about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Are we having our ladie;s days?  I think you are TOTALLY over-reacting! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Well our daughter ate the last two. I just laughed and went and bought another box. He figured that we could each have two out of the boxes we bought the other day. Sounds reasonable to me. But she ate all six. She thought that since today was another day and they were still there that she could have them. I did talk to her about it. He has his two back and never knew what happened.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Wow.  I'd sure hate to live with you.  Talk about oversensitive!  He specifically says "IF you end up eating all the OREO bars, can you please buy more?"  He's polite-hardly sounds like a "jerk" to me.  How many dang ice cream bars do you eat?  I don't think I've ever even had one Klondike bar-let alone multiple boxes of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)