Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hopefully that will be a lesson learned

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Ds has been really bad about personal hygiene recently. It's a 2 hour ordeal to get him showered and that includes sending him back in 3 times because he refuses to wash his hair. He won't comb his hair, it takes forever for him to brush his teeth, hr just doesn't care.
So tonight when he spent 30 minutes arguing with us and refusing to get in the shower we pinned him down and shaved his head. Not bald but no more mohawk that he loved.
Now he's not speaking to us.
He has been warned several times to take care of it or else. Yeah, he's not so happy but oh well. It took him 15 minutes to shower after that.
And yes we have tried other consequences in the past. He's a tough kid to get through to since he doesn't always grasp the concepts of cause and effect. Pretty sure this one got through to him though.
I just hate the disciplining part of being a mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM
How old is he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
You had to pin him down...to cut off his mohawk...how old is this kid?! Why can't he bathe himself yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
You pinned him down and shaved his head? Yikes! How old is he? I'm pretty sure I could have came up with something less physical as a punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
He's 7 so more than capable of basic care

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old is he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
She said he won't not that he can't

Quoting Anonymous 3: You had to pin him down...to cut off his mohawk...how old is this kid?! Why can't he bathe himself yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 PM
He's 7. He can bathe himself but he refuses to do it without huge drawn out battles. He started showering himself at 4.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You had to pin him down...to cut off his mohawk...how old is this kid?! Why can't he bathe himself yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Such as? Like I said he's a tough kid very little gets through to him.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You pinned him down and shaved his head? Yikes! How old is he? I'm pretty sure I could have came up with something less physical as a punishment.
CrossStitchMum
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM
I still wash my DD7s hair. I read somewhere that you should still keep an eye on them (let them do it but make sure) until they're 9

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's 7 so more than capable of basic care

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM
My oldest is 6 and I agree. The pinning down part would be a tipping point. I'd have told him sit still or x,y,z is going to happen. No way should a 7 yo need to be pinned down.

With that said my 4(almost5) year old has long hair, but I told him if he doesn't let me wash it and brush it its getting chopped off. I'd rather cut his hair actually lol but he likes it and doesn't want it cut.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's 7 so more than capable of basic care

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Well, how old is he?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Such as? Like I said he's a tough kid very little gets through to him.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You pinned him down and shaved his head? Yikes! How old is he? I'm pretty sure I could have came up with something less physical as a punishment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)