Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I'm curious if anyone has the same issue with their husband that I do. He's a great man, husband and father but I am always the one who has to tell him to do things with the kids. If I didn't plan his daddy/son or daughter dates, it wouldn't occur to him to say, "hey I'm taking the kids....". It's so annoying because I often think he doens't know how to interact with our kids. More so with my son then my daughter. My son is VERY active and energetic and he doesn't always focus on activities for very long and this seems to annoy my husband. His excuse being, well I can't kick the soccer ball to him because he just kicks it in the air. He gives up very easy which causes my son to do the same. I just don't know what to do. They both enjoy camping, fishing and hiking, but with my husbands schedule they don't always have the time to go do those things.

My husband says that he would be more inclined to plan and take them places if I wasn't always planning places for us to go. In turn I told him that I would only plan outtings on Saturdays and leave Sundays open for whatever. Well if I go run errands on Sunday I come home to the kids and him watching a movie. His excuse is they both like movies and that's their common thread. I think it's an excuse to be lazy.

I need advice...desperately!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I think a lot of men are like that. They expectthe woman to do most of the planning/organizing. Tbh, I prefer it that way. I like running the show!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

True- but I shouldn't have to MAKE him do things with his kids!

svolkov
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Hmm not sure you can change that. Dh is great with the kids. Takes them everywhere and plays like a maniac lol no honey you dont need to try to break the speed limit with the ez roller!!

Try to find his strengths with his kids and utilize that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

My dh is kind of the same way. I guess I didn't really see what kind of a man he was until we had a child together. I went from being a SAHM to a working mom just so he would help take care of our dd & spend quality time with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)