Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blinded..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Have you ever been in a relationship where you look back and realize that there were signs he wasn't right for you?

When my ex and I were together, I thought he was god. I had a horrible break up with my sons dad and then ex came in the picture 1.5 years later. I thought that he was "sent" to me to prove I was worth the fairy tale ending.

But now that we broke up, I realize there were a lot of signs he wasn't and I should of left. For example: the way he treated his daughters mother, his little controlling ways (looking at my phone, telling me to always take my sons dad to court, just to name a few)

It makes me feel like a fool because I should of been smarter than all this. Now I have his child (she's 5 days old) and he hasn't even seen her. I don't even know if he knows she been born.

So have you ever been "blinded by love?"

(I'm not talking about meeting someone an then them completely changing throughout the relationship. I mean he was the same the whole time, you just ignored it or didn't realize it until after the break up.)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Yea, I have.

It's human nature, in some ways, to only see the good in someone you're in love with.

Congratulations on your new baby. I hope things work out the way you want them to.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Lol oh yea, my first boyfried. He was controlling, accusing, treated his mother like shit and had unexplained bruises (hickies) I was 17 and stupid. Luckily I had a good support system when I finally got a brain and decided to break up with him for good. My mom even had to get involved. Poor lady. I put her through hell those couple of years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:00 AM
By the light...
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM
....wrapped up a like a douche....

Quoting Anonymous 2: By the light...
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Congrats on your new baby, op.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Lol I sing it that way too.

Quoting nellyoleson: ....wrapped up a like a douche....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM
It sucks. I would like to think I can trust my instinct. But I can't. At least not when it comes to men.

And thank you. ;)

Quoting sarahfaith123: Yea, I have.

It's human nature, in some ways, to only see the good in someone you're in love with.

Congratulations on your new baby. I hope things work out the way you want them to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Thank you.

Quoting nellyoleson: Congrats on your new baby, op.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Good song. 🎵🎶

PrincessPizza
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 AM

It happens to the best of us. I was blinded by love once, too. The best thing to do is to learn to not make those mistakes again. I also went to therapy after to help me figure out why I made those choices.

Congrats on your new baby :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)