Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice about my ex.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
A little background info. We were together for almost 11 years (engaged but not married) he was a wonderful man for years but he turned abusive and cheated on me. We have an almost 4 year old son and he hasn't seen him in about 5-6 months. He has been texting asking to see him and I don't know what to say. I want my son to have his father in his life but I don't want my ex to just disappear again. What should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Bump
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Get a lawyer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

SUPERVISED visits.  If he is abusive to a grown woman, he will eventually be that way with your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:21 AM
That's another reason I don't want him around our son.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

SUPERVISED visits.  If he is abusive to a grown woman, he will eventually be that way with your son.

Lawless85
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:25 AM
I am going through the same thing with my older two childrens father. I say protect yourself and your child. If he wants to see his child he will have no problem doing supervised visits until you are comfortable leaving your child wih him. My kids father has no hope of seeing them, he is currently avoiding a warrant for drug dealing and still expects me to send only our daughter to see him. He is several states away at that.
sweet.daydream
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Go the legal route. If something happens and the police are involved you'll at least have court orders written.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:26 AM

AS long as you have written documentation of what happened to you as it occurred, it shouldn't be an issue.  Pics are vague but if you took them and have it written down what happened over the abusive time frame, you will be ok in most judges' eyes (think dates, times, what happened, etc).

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's another reason I don't want him around our son.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:28 AM
I feel bad because he just keeps saying I want to see my boy and how he's so sorry he missed these past months and he won't do it again. I want to believe him so bad but I just can't.

Quoting Lawless85: I am going through the same thing with my older two childrens father. I say protect yourself and your child. If he wants to see his child he will have no problem doing supervised visits until you are comfortable leaving your child wih him. My kids father has no hope of seeing them, he is currently avoiding a warrant for drug dealing and still expects me to send only our daughter to see him. He is several states away at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:30 AM
I have pics and stuff written down but I never went to the police or anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

AS long as you have written documentation of what happened to you as it occurred, it shouldn't be an issue.  Pics are vague but if you took them and have it written down what happened over the abusive time frame, you will be ok in most judges' eyes (think dates, times, what happened, etc).

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's another reason I don't want him around our son.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)