Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog.... (quick edit)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just need to keep repeating that. I don't know why but he's in a whiny-barky mood tonight and won't go to sleep. I can't let him out of his crate at night or the cat can't get a chance to wander the house, and that old lady has earned the right to sleep where she wants. Plus the last time I let a dog wander the house at night I ended up with holes in my couch and chair upholstery. That furniture was paid off (different dog more than 10 years ago) but this furniture is not. So in the crate at night they (he and his sister) go.

Please, please, please, Buster just go to sleep for me.

(edit)

Okay, just a little edit. Faster than answering repeatedly....:)

We have a 15 year old (old woman) calico cat that we have had for all but about 6 months of her life (Rescued from my SILs house, whole other story). She's an indoor cat who doesn't like other animals (honest she ignores the fish in the tanks and the birds and squirrels outside our windows), however, dogs are a different story.

The dogs are both Yorkies. Our boy is older and was the runt ofhis litter. He's very cute and usually is very quiet. Our girl was the last puppy in her litter and is from the litter after our boy. They are from the same mom and dad. So they are brother and sister. We got them at around the same time. They don't like to be separated so they share a crate (its a good sized one). We used to have them loose in a pen in the kitchen but those suckers are smart and can jump and they figured out how to get out on their own, so no to the pen at night.

Anyhoo... I don't know what Buster's boggle was last night, usually he goes to sleep right after the last time we take them outside (between 8 and 9 pm) and doesn't make another peep until around 7-7:30 am. So him piping up at 1:30- 2 am is out of character. Whatever the issue was, ended just after I got upstairs.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Put your dog and cat in the same crate, get some beer and popcorn and watch......there's some real life entertainment!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I don't believe in crates
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:27 AM
We've had crates but only for puppy ages. Now they still have their crates but only because they like them and we took off doors. All my dogs sleep in my room on the bed or their toddler mattress. A well trained dog will not destroy a home because he's out of a crate at night. If the crying is unusual are you positive he doesn't need to potty or have a paw caught? Is he maybe thirsty?
Mommy2Bri425
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:28 AM
I don't like my dog at all. I wish the bitch would run away but my daughter loves her so.......

Hate that dog so much!!!!
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM
I tried crate training my German Shepherd several years ago until she learned how to open the crate. Now its just a den for her to sleep in and the doors always unlocked
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:26 AM
That's so sad

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: I don't like my dog at all. I wish the bitch would run away but my daughter loves her so.......

Hate that dog so much!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:30 AM
Why?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh I don't believe in crates
Homealonex2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:59 AM
I'm not a fan of them either. I hate that people put them in them for long periods of time the dogs can get up and stretch their legs. My mom has a labs they were both crated as puppies. Now they they are older they roam in a room with a gate. It's hard on their joints!!

Quoting Anonymous 5: Why?

Homealonex2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Right now I have one dog in bed with me and the other is in a bean bag by my bed. Neither ever took to the crate...
redo
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this
If you happen to see someone's dog in a crate that they cannot easily stand up, stretch, turn around, and lay down in.. Please tell them to up the size of their crate because it is not big enough.
Crates are extremely* useful tools and should be used as such. There is nothing wrong with them when used correctly and there is nothing wrong with a dog being kept in a crate overnight. (Assuming all the dog's needs are met)
In fact, many dogs would have more of a fighting chance than they often get if more people knew how to crate train properly.

Quoting Homealonex2: I'm not a fan of them either. I hate that people put them in them for long periods of time the dogs can get up and stretch their legs. My mom has a labs they were both crated as puppies. Now they they are older they roam in a room with a gate. It's hard on their joints!!
Quoting Anonymous 5: Why?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)