Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really like sleeping in the same bed with your SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 187 Replies

I type this at 3 am.  I do not like sleeping with mt DH anymore.  Not talking about sex...just sleeping in the same bed.  He farts, snores, ( He wears a CPAP machine so it sounds like Darth Vader is laying next to me).   He coughs so violently the whole bed shakes.  The room is too hot and humid.  We are getting a king sized bed this week. We currently have a queen.   I hate being a tired mommy.  I worry about having a car accident from driving tired. When I am tired I yell at my kids more...eat poorly, don't exercise.  This sucks.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I do. Love having his warm body next to mine.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:43 AM
2 moms liked this

YES, I love it. It's our snuggle time and his body touching mine is like a junkie fix for me since he works so much it's our only time to just BE. However, he does snore and that annoys the shit out of me haha so I feel ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:44 AM

yes, its hard for me to sleep without him now

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 AM

I do not sleep with my husband and except for the rare odd night, I never have.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. He snores like the living dead. I havey own bed in DDs nursery. I dunno what I'm gonna do when she gets older though! Move into the guests room maybe lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sure if we never slept in the same bed I would miss the snuggle factor.  But right now I just need sleep.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

YES, I love it. It's our snuggle time and his body touching mine is like a junkie fix for me since he works so much it's our only time to just BE. However, he does snore and that annoys the shit out of me haha so I feel ya.

Homealonex2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:49 AM
No! I have 15 more mins and he will be getting up for work. Thank God so I can get done sleep! Love him but, he worked nights for the first 12 years of marriage. He went to day 3 years ago I've not slept good since. We have a king size he doesn't help!!!
Marie207
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate to tell you this but you are tired of dh all the way around.  Men are a mess, but if you went to bed with all that he would be complaining big time and expects you to just take him.  Until you get your new bed, try a few nights on the couch when he is stone sleep, or he will complain about that.  I was married once for 8 years, never again.  I promise to have the next man come over a couple evenings/nights a week and then be done with him.  It is very hard to live with another grown person and their nasty sickning habits and ways.  So many women have your exact same complaint and I hate to warn you, it gets worse. 

ArtIsAwesome
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I Loved sleeping in the same bed until now...I'm pregnant in my third trimester. I never realized he snored until now. I have to get up to pee every 5 seconds & it is IMPOSSIBLE to Ever fall back asleep with that snoring! Eeeeeeiiiiigh! It's 3 a.m. & I am going Insane. It's been like 2 weeks straight of this. I'm starting to actually feel angry even though I know it's not his fault /:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I like sleeping next to my husband but for me going from a king to a queen was kind of a mistake. On the up side I at least get my LO out of my bed on the down side the husband sleeps all over the bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)