Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jesus Said to them * A Christian post*

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

John 6:25-38

25 When they found him on the other side of the sea, they said to him, “Rabbi, when did you come here?” 26 Jesus answered them, “Very truly, I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. 27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal.” 28 Then they said to him, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” 30 So they said to him, “What sign are you going to give us then, so that we may see it and believe you? What work are you performing? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” 32 Then Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which[a] comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; 38 for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

Just as an added note, I LOVE this hymn...

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Bump
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Amos 8:11  Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord GOD, "When I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, But rather for hearing the words of the LORD

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Do you thirst and hunger for righteousness too?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Amos 8:11  Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord GOD, "When I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, But rather for hearing the words of the LORD

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:38 PM

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Whoever comes to Jesus will never have to hunger or thirst. Why? God fills them. (Mathew 5:6 Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness, they shall be filled.)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Jesus used "water" as a symbol for the Holy Spirit!. He gives us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, seal us and fill us. Notice that Jesus is talking about “rivers of living water." Rivers of living water that are flowing out of believers. We need to ask ourselves, “What kind of living waters are flowing through me? Is my spiritual faucet dripping? Can I see a steady stream? Am I experiencing a flood of living water gushing out from the inside? The Holy Spirit should make a difference in one's life. Jesus did not talk about drips of living water

With every other yearning in life there is never a real lasting fulfillment. 
1. If we hunger for food, we will hunger again after a fine meal. If we thirst, we will be thirst again soon after drinking our “fill.” 
2. The same is true with all those things people turn to in an effort to fill the spiritual void in their lives. Gluttony, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, illicit sex, all may fill a temporary void, but will never truly satisfy. They will leave the person crippled and dependent. 
B. But a person who truly hungers after God’s righteous will be satisfied deep down to their soul
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Whoever comes to Jesus will never have to hunger or thirst. Why? God fills them. (Mathew 5:6 Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness, they shall be filled.)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)