Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second Ebola health care worker confirmed

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
  • 73 Replies

Another health care worker has a confirmed case of Ebola out of Texas....

Still nothing to worry about?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I'm not worried the Texas hospital handled it poorly but I believe the cdc will not allow that to happen again
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM
3 moms liked this
You're like a dog with a bone.

I still don't work in healthcare and I still am not touching poop, pee, sweat, blood or vomit, so I'm still not worried.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM

I'm still not worried

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Something was done wrong, handled wrong so I doubt those mistakes will happen again.

Unfortunately I think many think we are gods here and don't follow protocol very well. Not many workers from OTHER countries where there have been outbreaks and LESS knowledge got Ebola. So I am not too worried yet.
lovingmommy4316
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I worry that Texas healthcare workers need to get their shit together before the whole country gets this crap. Funny how they bring the first two here to Atlanta and everything goes smoothly, not in Texas. Me personally want explanations....
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Thing is, its easier than that.

Say you live in tx, same town as the health care worker.
She sneezes in her hand while grocery shopping. Then her hands push a cart. The ebola virus will live on that cart for TWO days.

im not freaking out, but im concerned for sure.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You're like a dog with a bone.

I still don't work in healthcare and I still am not touching poop, pee, sweat, blood or vomit, so I'm still not worried.
Racer15
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
The CDC is based in Atlanta. They also knew that those healthcare workers had Ebola long before they touched American soil.I would imagine that had a teensy bit to do with it.

Quoting lovingmommy4316: I worry that Texas healthcare workers need to get their shit together before the whole country gets this crap. Funny how they bring the first two here to Atlanta and everything goes smoothly, not in Texas. Me personally want explanations....
liquidtinkerbel
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Yes, you do. Everyone does. Off of doorknobs, grocery carts, etc. Not everyone washes their hands. The CDC says if someone goes into a coffee shop (example) wipes their sweaty brow, touches the counter, then walks away, the next person who touches that counter touches the previous persons sweat, rubs their eyes or licks the whip cream off their fingers, or something similar, they just injected the previous persons bodily fluids. It would be that simple to transfer Ebola if that person was symptomatic.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You're like a dog with a bone. I still don't work in healthcare and I still am not touching poop, pee, sweat, blood or vomit, so I'm still not worried.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Mobile Photo

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:15 AM
While I see you're point, my grocery store has disinfecting wipes available right by the cart corral.

My point is, take precautions and don't panic.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Thing is, its easier than that.

Say you live in tx, same town as the health care worker.
She sneezes in her hand while grocery shopping. Then her hands push a cart. The ebola virus will live on that cart for TWO days.

im not freaking out, but im concerned for sure.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You're like a dog with a bone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)