Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neighbor's dog... opinions please :)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 41 Replies
I have a medium sized dog...a chow mix. She's older and a good girl. The back neighbors have a mini dachshund. It digs under my privacy fence and comes into my yard. (Dachshunds are natural diggers). My issue is that it "goes" in my yard and barks at my dog, who just looks at it, she's really too old to care. I told this lady three times to please stop the dog or stay outside with it. She is simply not caring. I have stopped the holes up, I have taken the dog home, WHAT NOW? Any suggestions welcome. I'm sitting here in the Florida room drinking ny coffee watching this little dog crap in my yard...... SIGH
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Drop it off at a chinese restaurant

Seriously though, tell your neighbor next time the dog is found on your property you'll take it to the humane society
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I dislike chows. Call animal control.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Call animal control
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I would call animal control or take it to the pound. You already told her to keep it out of your yard.
TableFor8
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM
She's1/2 chow 1/2 Australian Shepard. I got her at 5 weeks old. She's amazing. Trained quickly, doesn't run, and is gentle. I understand not liking full shoes...my brother had one named Peaches. That dog was evil....lol. mine is old and sweet. But I do get it. :)

Quoting thenameshailie:

Missdameanor
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM
The Chow is OPs dog and is good..it's the neighbors dachshund that is the problem =)

Quoting thenameshailie:

yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM

i am confused , you want the op to call on her own dog.  Or are you just throwing your dislike of chow out there randomly.

Quoting thenameshailie:

TableFor8
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks :) I am avoiding a neighbor feud. But animal control might be the only answer. My chow is great...plus she's only 1/2.

Quoting Missdameanor: The Chow is OPs dog and is good..it's the neighbors dachshund that is the problem =)

Quoting thenameshailie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM

does it have a collar on?

yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Yeah no one here likes full shoes, hell this is florida we were flip flops until atleast mid december.

Quoting TableFor8: She's1/2 chow 1/2 Australian Shepard. I got her at 5 weeks old. She's amazing. Trained quickly, doesn't run, and is gentle. I understand not liking full shoes...my brother had one named Peaches. That dog was evil....lol. mine is old and sweet. But I do get it. :)
Quoting thenameshailie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)