Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm almost 32 and we may be buying our first house...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
And I'm still not sure if thats what I want to.

We do own a house and a substantial amount of land in our home state but rent out the house and lease the land to a hunting camp. The schools there are awful and I don't see us moving back there until dh retires.

Due to the work dh is in, we move every 3 to 4 years to stay close to him. After a lot of discussion, we have decided to stop moving the kids around. We are in a small town right now and the kids have flourished!

We are scheduled to look at a house Friday and on paper, it seems perfect for us. I guess I'm nervous about making such a commitment to stay here when I'm so used to moving.

Dh would start traveling if his job moves him again and the kids and I would stay here. What if we can't deal with it? *sigh*
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Bump

hautemama83
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I couldn't/wouldn't do it.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I wouldn't do it. We'd move to wherever DH was stationed.
BrookSunny
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Do what you feel comfortable with.

Make a list and weigh your pros and cons.

How does dh feel about you know moving aroud with him?

How do the kids feel about it?

Have them make tier own lists.

Talk about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM
But at what point do we stop shuffling the kids around? They are 10 and 7. This is the 10 year old's 3rd school and the 7 year old's 2nd.

Quoting hautemama83: I couldn't/wouldn't do it.
AHmom103
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I wouldn't, but mostly because our kids and I couldn't stand being away from my husband for so long. The kids have never spent more than 1 day without seeing either of us, and the only times I've gone more than a day without seeing him were for a couple vacations I went on 7 years ago, and a single trip he had to take for work around the same time. We both hated it so much, we decided it wouldn't happen again.

hautemama83
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I homeschool, so shuffling around isn't an issue. But even if I didn't , every 3-4 years isn't a big deal. Plenty of families move that often, and their children do just fine. No different than a military brat.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But at what point do we stop shuffling the kids around? They are 10 and 7. This is the 10 year old's 3rd school and the 7 year old's 2nd.

Quoting hautemama83: I couldn't/wouldn't do it.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM
I think your making a good decision. Kids need stability
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM
This is why i won't buy. My dh job requires travel and we usually move with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I would do it. Sounds like a dream to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)