Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a failure.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My husband missed a day of work last week unpaid because he was sick and out of sick days (his sick days get refilled Friday because that's his 1yr mark), our transmission AND battery went out on our van this week and we had to replace it with what little savings we had. He won't be paid until next Thursday and we're almost out of cat food, our food, toilet paper and diapers. Plus all 3 of the kids and I have caught the cold he had last week and we can't afford to buy any cold meds for any of us. I'm wearing out my resources of home remedies. I feel like a failure as a mother. We had a little over $1000 saved up for emergencies such as this and it was drained because we needed to fix the van so DH could get to work. We live out in the country so public transportation isn't available. I had a minimum wage job a few months back and was fired because my babysitter fell through and I couldn't come in on a super busy day. I'm sitting here crying feeling like a complete and udder failure as a mother.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Aw, you are NOT a failure. You're doing the very best you can. Life's just doing that 'let's throw a ton of shit at one person' thing it does to us all at times. Chin up, mama, it will pass. Can you go to a church or a friend or a neighbour and ask for a little help?

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Im sorry. I hope things improve for you soon.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Man, I'd take out a line of credit at wal-mart or something to get through the week if it came down to it.

sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Hang in there mama, like someone said life keeps happening, keep in mind it will pass. Hugs
dmcarpenter619
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Awe hugs. You are not a failure. This is a hiccup in life that most of us face. Things will get better. Find some basic recipes for ingredients that you do have in the house to make meals. Do you have any tuna? Feed the cat that. As far as the cold medicines they don't help get rid of the cold anyway just help relieve the symptoms. I know it sucks to be without the medications but you guys may just have to tough it out. Things will get better. Try to find something positive to think about.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hugs. I hope you and the kids feel better soon and that things get back on track

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM
It may be time to start looking for another job if an emergency means you can't afford food and medicine.
moms_a_nurse
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Lol @ "Udder" hehe. 

But seriously, I've been there. Many times. I don't know how we got through it, but we did. And you will, too. 

And it's also time, if you haven't already, to think about how to better-equip your family, financially. Such as you or DH or both going to school to increase your finances.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Lol I didn't realize I put udder as in cow udder rather than utter. Anyhow, thank you for the encoragment. DH is almost done with his bachelor's degree in computer programming and once he's done with that and in his field I plan on going back to school also. We just didn't want to slam ourselves with two student loan payments at once.

Quoting moms_a_nurse:

Lol @ "Udder" hehe. 

But seriously, I've been there. Many times. I don't know how we got through it, but we did. And you will, too. 

And it's also time, if you haven't already, to think about how to better-equip your family, financially. Such as you or DH or both going to school to increase your finances.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Hang in. Nothing more gets thrown at you than you can handle. Just about a month ago, I had cought the flu and had to go to the er because a sinus headache was causing me to throw up uncontrollably. The next week, I had to call ems for my father and at the hospital his bp went down to the 30s. He ended up staying at the hospital for 2 weeks. During that time, my oldest son began throwing up uncontrollably and I took him to the same hospital. He stayed for 3 days. Right after he came home, my grandmother was sent to the hospital. Then, right after she came home, my middle son began throwing up. Didn't need to take him though because I figured he had the same parasite as my oldest and we already had meds for it. In between runs from home and the hospital to visit my son and father, my fiancé got sick and I had to stay home to watch our baby, who was also sick. So, for about a month straight, I got no sleep at night and it wasn't possible to take naps. I felt like I was at a breaking point.

We are all better now and at home. I feel stronger knowing we were all able to get through this. And I believe you will too. Just keep your head up and know there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)