Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my mil

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
She seriously drives me insane! She can go buy expensive purses and hair cuts and brand new cars campers etc.
Her grand kids get nothing for bday and the only time she takes them is to brag or show them off.
She took my oldest school shopping and comes home with 10 dollar walmart shoes.
The only time shes bought anything for bdays its dollar tree crap.
I just get tired of it.

End rant
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof38829
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Well them don't allow her access to YOUR kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I try to avoid it as much as possible but that can be easier said than done. Her son (hubs) doesnt care that she does these things

Quoting mommieof38829: Well them don't allow her access to YOUR kids
mommieof38829
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Put your husband in place then. My husband thought he could take our son to see his skank sister and I ended it before it even had the chance to happen. I don't allow anyone in my husband's family access to our child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I try to avoid it as much as possible but that can be easier said than done. Her son (hubs) doesnt care that she does these things

Quoting mommieof38829: Well them don't allow her access to YOUR kids
702girly
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM

My MIL is like this too. She can't even send her own son a card but she'll guilt trip the shit out of anyone who forgets her birthday. We cut her out of our lives and we're much happier for it. 

You should look up narcissistic personality disorder. Your comment about how she takes them to brag or show off makes me think of that. I believe both my mother and MIL have it. It's no wonder my husband and I get along so well, lol, we both survived the same mother. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I hate mine too, lucky for me she lives a 3 hour plane ride away and is too broke to ever come here. She has never gotten my kids anything, literally nothing.
dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM

She's cheap when it comes to material things. Does she spend time with them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Im ready to cut her out and move states away to avoid that whole family. I cut great grandparents out for refusing to give my son back and cornering me telling me I was a horrible person

Quoting 702girly:

My MIL is like this too. She can't even send her own son a card but she'll guilt trip the shit out of anyone who forgets her birthday. We cut her out of our lives and we're much happier for it. 

You should look up narcissistic personality disorder. Your comment about how she takes them to brag or show off makes me think of that. I believe both my mother and MIL have it. It's no wonder my husband and I get along so well, lol, we both survived the same mother. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Absolutely not mostly just holidays

Quoting dawnrothbaum:

She's cheap when it comes to material things. Does she spend time with them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I think I would feel hurt for my kids if my mil was like that . Actually my mil is a little like that , she has money ( she's worked very hard) yet gifts are often pretty cheap sometimes they break the first day . but she buys herself the same quality stuff - she's kind of a tight wad Lol . BUT she loves the kids and takes them whenever she can . she spoils them with love and attention so junky stuff isn't a big deal...anyway your mil's missing that love and attention part. You can either talk with her about the kids feelings , decide to make the best if it or cut her out. I don't think it sounds so bad that you should cut her out but those are the options as I see them.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Since when are the in-laws required to lavish money on their grand-kids?

You hate a woman for spending her own money on herself, which is her right. If the relationship your children share with this woman is contingent on the $ amount she spends on them, then own up to it with her AND your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)