Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endoscopy...anyone else have one

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
I had one yesterday (it was normal) and after I got home I have been so nauseous and have thrown up a few times and I am still feeling like hell today. Is this normal?
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Could be the anesthesia, drink pleanty of fluids.  Maybe call the place back and let them know you aren't doing well

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Ya that's what I am thinking and afraid of. I have surgery next week (not related) and it has me scared that its going to be worse since they put me under longer.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Could be the anesthesia, drink pleanty of fluids.  Maybe call the place back and let them know you aren't doing well

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Just make sure you tell them that you get sick.  Ask for a "Scope" patch before hand and ask for anti-naseua pills for afterwards. 

Quoting jlbelknap35: Ya that's what I am thinking and afraid of. I have surgery next week (not related) and it has me scared that its going to be worse since they put me under longer.
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM
What's a scope patch?

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Just make sure you tell them that you get sick.  Ask for a "Scope" patch before hand and ask for anti-naseua pills for afterwards. 

Quoting jlbelknap35: Ya that's what I am thinking and afraid of. I have surgery next week (not related) and it has me scared that its going to be worse since they put me under longer.
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

liveforever
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I had one at the same time as a colonoscopy so I was put completely under. I didnt have any trouble after it though. Id give them a call, its probably due to the anesthesia they gave you.

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM

It's a patch they put behind the ear.  You keep it on for 2-3 days post op, it helps with post surgical nausea.  It works like a charm.  I get that after all my surgeries. 

Quoting jlbelknap35: What's a scope patch?
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Oh ok, I will have to ask. I've been put under a few times before but never had any side effects till this time.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

It's a patch they put behind the ear.  You keep it on for 2-3 days post op, it helps with post surgical nausea.  It works like a charm.  I get that after all my surgeries. 

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Anesthesiologists all have a "favored" form of anesthesia they like to use.   They could have used something that just doesn't agree with you.  Also the body is a strange machine, doesn't always respond the same way.  Best of luck with your up coming surgery.

Quoting jlbelknap35: Oh ok, I will have to ask. I've been put under a few times before but never had any side effects till this time.
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I can see that. I got Demerol yesterday I know that, I don't have a clue what I got other times.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Anesthesiologists all have a "favored" form of anesthesia they like to use.   They could have used something that just doesn't agree with you.  Also the body is a strange machine, doesn't always respond the same way.  Best of luck with your up coming surgery.

Quoting jlbelknap35: Oh ok, I will have to ask. I've been put under a few times before but never had any side effects till this time.
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Just remember to ask if you can have a Scopolamine patch.  :) 

Quoting jlbelknap35: I can see that. I got Demerol yesterday I know that, I don't have a clue what I got other times.
Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)