Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two year olds are CRAZY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

So first off...my youngest is 7.  I am not used to little ones.

Last night I watched my friends 2 year old.  That kid was EVERYWHERE.  He dumped water on the cat while I was trying to get his dinner.  He was at the table and the cat was on the window sill next to him.  Then he screamed for more water.  I told him no...he would have to wait.  He yelled until I sat down with his food.  My kids came to the table at that point and sat down.  I gave each of them their food and sat down to eat.  He ate three bites and then dumped the food on the floor.  After that I made him sit there while I cleaned up and then took him to the playroom. 

He wanted to play with a lego jet my son put together and was up on a shelf.  I told him no.  He started pitching a fit and screaching.  After he calmed down he decicded to climb into a toybox and play....no issue with that since there is no lid.  Then the cat came in and he wanted to play with the cat...the cat took off and when I wouldn't let him chase the cat...he bit me.

I was so glad when his dad picked him up.  He told me that it was normal two year old behavior....my two year olds never did that shit.

Oh...and I found one of his toys in the toilet this morning....not sure when he managed that.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM

bump

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM

That sounds outside the realm of normal 2 year old behavior.  I'll bet he gets diagnosed with ADD once he starts school. 

Daffanyrose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM
He's a bad ass lol my 3 kids never act like that at that age.it shows they let him do whatever he wants so he thought he could get away with it with you
.PinkSunshine.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

4 year olds are crazier :/ trust me on that one.

lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM

My kids didn't act like that at 2. I teach a Sunday school class of 2 year olds and most of the don't act like that either. You can tell who is disciplined and who is not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Quoting lucille.bluth:

My kids didn't act like that at 2. I teach a Sunday school class of 2 year olds and most of the don't act like that either. You can tell who is disciplined and who is not. 

Another one of my friends has a two year old...and he is loud...but not bad.

slt1680
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM

my DD only now 3 doesnt even act like that i mean she did a little bit at first which i think is normal until you get onto them now she still makes messes but dinner time and just being a holy terror doesnt happen. except tantrums when she doesnt get her way omg that girl has lungs! i hate it lol

lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM

2 year olds are crazy but it's probably my favorite age. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting lucille.bluth:

Another one of my friends has a two year old...and he is loud...but not bad.

SamanthaBoleyn
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Omg, I hope my son doesn't act like that when he's older. Though I think a lot of it has to do with parenting. They seemed to just write it off as "normal"when they should be correcting the behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I think each of my kids had one tantrum each.  It didn't end well for them.  So they would pout after that...but not screaming and throwing themselves on the floor or throwing toys.

My son got mad and threw his favorite toy at dh.  DH threw it away.  That was all it took for my son.

Oldest dd threw herself on the floor and pitched a fit.  DH and I threw ourselves on the ground and did the same...she told us we were silly and that was that.

Little girl thought she would throw a fit at Target over a toy.  DH picked her up, carried her screaming out the door, and popped her in the car.  She told him he was mean.  He told her only when she acted like that. 

One tantrum each.

Quoting slt1680:

my DD only now 3 doesnt even act like that i mean she did a little bit at first which i think is normal until you get onto them now she still makes messes but dinner time and just being a holy terror doesnt happen. ecept tantrums when she doesnt get her way omg that girl has lungs! i hate it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)