Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I panic Now? Ebola Post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 556 Replies
8 moms liked this

Again, I stay in this area the hospital is right down the road. The apartments the second patient was diagnosed in this morning, you got it right across the street. The Hazmat team was there early this morning as I gotten ready for work. Now, I hear that over 76 people are being quarantined. I can only imagine who went to the store the same day as she did, when she went and paid her rent did she take it directly to the leasing office? how did she wash her clothes? hopefully she has the hook up in her apartment. How many patients did she handle the day that Mr. Duncan sat in that open waiting room waiting to be seen by a doctor before they knew it was the Ebola? How many patients went to the store for their medicine that day? How many workers were exposed at the stores like the pharmacist? The days that Mr. Duncan laid in the hospital room with everyone being exposed.

Shit I feel like panicing. I am sure when I get home I will have another letter on my door about the apartments across the street.  

Ps I have been educated since this post. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calayd
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM
5 moms liked this
Im in dallas to and im panicking
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM
22 moms liked this

ragdoll7777
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM
28 moms liked this

It is a scary thing, but what's going to happen will happen no matter how much you worry; you are only stressing yourself out and letting your mind run all these negative thougths which don't help the situation at all. Just chill and wash your hands :)

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM
76 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I have lysol disin. spray at work and home. I have the Germx hand sanitizer. Last night I clean with purex and lysol. It is just all so scary to me.

Quoting ragdoll7777:

It is a scary thing, but what's going to happen will happen no matter how much you worry; you are only stressing yourself out and letting your mind run all these negative thougths which don't help the situation at all. Just chill and wash your hands :)

maybe80
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
6 moms liked this
I understand. I'm in Chicago & preparing to keep my son home from school.

I'm sorry you have to go through this so near to you.... Yikes

Update
I suppose I need to elaborate, since my own parental judgment is being questioned. And here it is:

IF an outbreak happens, my son will stay home from school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I had to laugh you really just made me chuckle.. Thanks :)

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
16 moms liked this
I do believe they should have quarantined any hospital workers that were caring for that patient. Limit the number of staff and exposure.
xoxlpkrxox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I would be panicking to. My husband may be sent to Dallas this weekend for work, they are kinda taking it day by day right now to decide if they are sending him or not ... and im sick to my stomach over it. I couldn't imagine living in the middle of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I have lots of this. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)