Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going to start giving my kids money for good grades.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
This isn't the way i wanted to do it but I will try.

My oldest is failing all of her classes. So last night I called both of my kids into the kitchen. I told them both. Starting with the report card that comes out next week for every A they will get $5 every B $3 and every C they will get $2.so in total they can get $25 if they get all A's.

Dd has a c in gym. So all she will get is $2. Ny son however has all A and B's and I think a C in science.

Maybe seeing her brother who is younger than her get more money than her will make her work harder on getting good grades.
she is failing badly because she isn't doing any work at all. She is passing the one class you don't have to do anything in. She isn't even trying or putting forth an effort.

Now dh doesn't agree but is going along with it he said when I was ittle if I made those grade I had to go pick a switch off of the tree. Me too but I don't spank my kids with switches or belts ir any object and punishment has worked this far so I am trying something else now.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Didn't read it all, but that sounds fine to me. After all, that's how the real world works. Performance = $

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM
How old are they? Why is the oldest failing? Have you asked her? You need to address the root problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I always have and I've got two straight A honor high school students. My kids also get bonuses at the completion of each grade level they receive 100$.

Don't listen to ppl who tell you not to because in the real world people get paid according to their knowledge level. Why can't you get them started early?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't pay them for Cs.  $5 for As, $2 for Bs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I do that with my daughter.  She gets A's and B's but we do it to keep her motivated and we don't buy her toys all the time (she has too many!) so that's her way of getting some.  One time she spent the whole $25 on books!  

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What did you try taking away?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM
15 and 11. She is failing because she isn't doing the work. The only problem is she doesn't want to do her work. Her teacher say it as does the online website where all grades are posting. If she was trying abd doing work but was scoring poorly I would think different but the fact that she flat out refuses I know the issue.

Quoting TranquilMind: How old are they? Why is the oldest failing? Have you asked her? You need to address the root problem.
BrookSunny
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Rewarding with money is great, but you need to do this as well.

Quoting TranquilMind: How old are they? Why is the oldest failing? Have you asked her? You need to address the root problem.
BrookSunny
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
What about her homework? Are you standing over her? If not, start! You can't let her fall into this cycle and spanking won't help.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 15 and 11. She is failing because she isn't doing the work. The only problem is she doesn't want to do her work. Her teacher say it as does the online website where all grades are posting. If she was trying abd doing work but was scoring poorly I would think different but the fact that she flat out refuses I know the issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)