Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids around drugs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
A friend of mine has her boyfriend (the father of her 3kids) living with them again, don't get me wrong, I'm happy she is happy. Only problem I have is that he has been to prison for drug related charges multiple times. He sits outside their front door and gets high off drugs from weed to cocaine. Yes the kids are asleep. I personally would not allow someone who does drugs to be in the same house as my children. my friend is not dumb, she has left him before and did great when she was a single parent. She was probably one of the best single moms I've ever known, I looked up to her when I was a single mom. she has told me that the only reason she got back with him was for the kids, so they can have their dad around, I get that, that is why I got back with my ex, but why have them around a person who does drugs.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Half the moms in North America apparently need drugs to function, so I assume most kids are around drug addicts these days.

BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM
This isn't even a question in my book. But then again, I don't follow the sheep. Drugs are bad mmmmkay? They need to be removed from that situation. Common sense here. :/
BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
1/2 the mothers and 1/2 the kids. It's like a gratful dead concert in most homes. Just an obnoxious American solution to lazy people.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Half the moms in North America apparently need drugs to function, so I assume most kids are around drug addicts these days.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Sad that the only way for the guys to step up and be a dad is if you and the other lady get back with your ex's. They should've been dads already, regardless of if your "with" them... plus, for me, if a guy isn't interested in my son when we AREN'T together, i wouldn't give him the time of day to be my partner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Me and my ex only split because he cheated on me, i got pregnant right before I found out and left him. He was never a bad father. He is a great father!! I have no trust for him and don't have any love for him but we do live together. We dont share a bedroom, my older 2 kids understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Technically kids aren't around drugs.  He goes outside and the kids are sleeping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM
But he keeps the drugs in the house, the kids live in that house so yes, they are around drugs.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Technically kids aren't around drugs.  He goes outside and the kids are sleeping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My kids are around Dove chocolate every time they come in my bedroom and have no idea. I doubt he leaves it out for them to see.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But he keeps the drugs in the house, the kids live in that house so yes, they are around drugs.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

missanc
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I wouldn't be with a man that did drugs around my kids. No dad is better than a drugged out dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM
You are ok with drugs being in the house with children? IMO, it don't matter if the drugs are hidden, it should not be in the house with kids.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My kids are around Dove chocolate every time they come in my bedroom and have no idea. I doubt he leaves it out for them to see.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But he keeps the drugs in the house, the kids live in that house so yes, they are around drugs.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)